PDA

View Full Version : Esprit 9 hole golf course

pete bryant
21-04-2004, 17:57
Hi everyone,

New to the forum, so hopefully I have done this right.

My family are staying at a villa on the Esprit complex in August 04.

Esprit appears to have its own 9 hole golf course, can anyone give me any information about the course, fees, club & shoe hire etc as I am planning to sneak away for a round or two whilst we are there.

thanks

athurstance
21-04-2004, 18:05
We were there over Easter. The club house is on Polo Park East which is a few minutes walk from Esprit. The course itself runs through both Esprit and Polo Park East.

My husband says he paid $60 for two of them to hire clubs, cart and play 18 holes. He thinks the fee for the 18 holes including cart was $15 each and the club hire $15 each aswell.

pete bryant
21-04-2004, 18:46
Thanks Angela,

Is it one that hubby would recommend playing. Seems cheap enough at that price

Ana
21-04-2004, 19:53
Is that just for Esprit guests or can anyone use?

athurstance
21-04-2004, 20:02
Anyone can play. You do not need to be a resident or anything. My son plays - he is 11. Children of any age can play as long as they are considerate of the course.
Even over Easter they did not need to book - they just turned up at the clubhouse. Apparently occasionally you do have to book but it is rare.
There is also an 18 hole course at Polo Park West which is opposite across the US27 - same price.
My husband says the course is quite good. It is basically a par 3 course so not overly challenging but there are quite a few water hazards (lakes). He says it is enjoyable and of course convenient as we are on Esprit and he can walk down from the villa. In our experience it is usually pretty quiet.
You do not have to hire the cart (apart from at certain times of year) but they usually do an all-in price and my husband says it is too hot to walk in the sun.