PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

magician
21-04-2004, 17:49
Hi,
I'm Jack, and myself and my wife and son are off to orlando next week!!
My son is 11 and autistic but a real disney fan. Really looking forward to it, just hope my son can cope with all the excitement.
see you later.
-- Jack

chrisj
21-04-2004, 18:12
Hi Jack

Welcome and im sure you will all have a great time

Ann-Marie
21-04-2004, 18:35
Hi Jack and family

I'm sure you'll all have a fantastic time, especially your son.

My own son has just turned 11 and we're off in July this year. Can't wait!

Is this your first time or have you and the family been before?

If its your first I'm sure you'll be heading back time and again!

Have a fabulous holiday!

Regards

Ann-Marie[8D]

Ray&Sarah
21-04-2004, 19:43
Hi Jack, Welcome to the forum and we are sure you will have a wonderful in Florida. Give us an unpdate when you get back.[msnsmile2]

Ana
21-04-2004, 19:59
Hello Jack! I'm sure you and your family will have a wonderful holiday.

Lyn
21-04-2004, 20:57
Hi Jack

If this is your first time it will be great. it always is but the 1st time is pure magic and can never be repeated. My daughter was 11 the 1st time we went and my son 5. Remember to have some quieter days if possible, we found with the 5 year old who was hyper active, that to much excitement just sent him of the planet, but an odd day mooching about the area, just helped to keep things resonably calm.

Have a great time

Lyn

benfilo
22-04-2004, 02:14
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by magician
Hi,
I'm Jack, and myself and my wife and son are off to orlando next week!!
My son is 11 and autistic but a real disney fan. Really looking forward to it, just hope my son can cope with all the excitement.
see you later.
-- Jack
[/quote]

welcome magician
there is a bit of an excitment overdose there but I'm sure he'll love it . and there's always Sea World, have you thought of Discovery Cove

Ruth
22-04-2004, 02:25
Have an absolutely fantastic holiday magician:)When you get back do a trip report and tell us how you got on[8D]

magician
22-04-2004, 04:50
Hi,
This will be our first visit to Florida, and we are trying to cram as much as possible into the two weeks. We have prepurchased tickets for disney and the 5 park universal flexitickets. We have also booked to do discovery cove on sunday 2nd May.

Kissyme
22-04-2004, 15:34
Hi Magician
Welcome and have a great time but be warned it probably won`t be your last, we went in 96 for the "once in a life-time trip" and have been going every year since and always trying to save enough money for the next time. There are so many things to see,do and experiance that I am sure it will be a very rewarding time for all[msnsmile2]

Lyn
22-04-2004, 19:19
I agree with Kym we went in 1993 for a once only trip, I didn't think it would be my thing, but went for the kids, I am now nothing but a kid myself I love it and we go every year.

Lyn

steph_goodrum
24-04-2004, 02:13
Us too and I've got real withdrawal symptoms as we arrived home a few hours ago and I've got to wait now till September to go back.

I'm sure with your son being autistic he will find the pace/crowds at Discovery Cove more to his liking than at the other parks but if you can pace it then and break the day up with a trip back to your villa or hotel in between it will be easier to cope. If he has a disabled id then if you take it with you then you may be allowed to use the wheelchair access to rides as Disney do seem to realise that not all special needs are as obvious as a wheelchair and that some children just would not be able to cope with the queues for the rides. Also you may find it useful to make use of the "kid swap" that is available, if there is any ride that say one of the children doesn't want to go on then or there is more than one adult who wants to ride then by going to the kidswap area the first adult can ride with one child and then come back and the other adult can then ride, or if another child wants to ride with the samw adult. It sounds more complicated than it is but I think you get the gist.
I'm sure you will all have a wonderful time and do remember if you find any tips for travelling with special needs persons to pass them on.

george
24-04-2004, 02:35
You WILL have a great time. The first time can take a few days to get in the groove, but when you do you will enjoy the holiday even more. Take time when going to the parks to sit down with the park map and plan the day based upon the rides and show times. You will get more out of the day by taking half an hour over a coke or coffee making these plans.

amy
24-04-2004, 02:46
Hi and welcome, you will have a great time, I was once Disneys biggest sceptic 'why do I want to go and see all that nonsence' my wife keeps reminding me I once said back in 1996.
We have been every year since, 3 times last year,twice already this year and are booked to return for 3 weeks in November to visit our new nome we bought last time we were out there.
rest asured you kids will have the holiday of their life, I certainly did....have a great time and I'm sure it wont be long until you are saying ............"I'll be Back"

Mr G
24-04-2004, 03:05
Hello Jack, I wish you,your wife and son a fantastic holiday in Florida,as Kym said" it probably won't be your last trip" It really is magic and you and your family will be laughing and crying the whole time. Laughing with enjoyment and crying because of the Magic!.

dren
03-05-2004, 23:13
Has anyone be able to access the topic "New onwer in Sady Ridge" (topic_id=8640) that Ana started?
Only in the past three days, I always got a screen that ask for a password. Any idea?
Sorry for posting in this topic and thanks for the help in advance.

Dennis

Mr G
04-05-2004, 00:07
Hello Dennis, It might be that this topic has been moved to the new "owners only" area which is password protected. I believe this changeover occurred this morning.Unless you are an owner you will not be allowed the password, sorry.