PDA

View Full Version : e-mails informing me of postings

gednandrea
21-04-2004, 01:38
Hi...relatively new member who has apparently agreed to being e-mailed with notifications of responses to any postings i make (phew!)
How can i stop this e-mail notification as its filling up my in-box and i cant see that it has much value if i surf regularly??? Advice appreciated please..........Andrea

chrisj
21-04-2004, 01:40
Would have thought there was a box in your profile that you have clicked, try having a look
there, if not im sure the owner will change it for you

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
21-04-2004, 01:46
Sounds like you are subscribed to various threads. Simply go to the thread in question and click on the Unsubscribe link and you will get no more emails about postings to that thread.

george
21-04-2004, 02:32
As Chris said. there is a part in your profile that you can alter.

gednandrea
22-04-2004, 14:56
Thanks for the replies folks...i just didnt realise that subscribing to threads would mean auto' postings to my in-box whenever someone adds to the thread! So i now realise that if i unsubscribe then i'll get no notifications??!! We tech-illiterates dont always realise what we're letting ourselves in for when we sign up to chat on line.

I have looked at my profile and i cant see that there is anything relevant there? Am i missing something. Anyway when i then clicked to 'update profile' (as i amended it slightly)it told me there was a problem and to remember to include info' that was already there! I tried again and then gave up...what am i doing wrong? I amended the 'allow other members to e-mail you' from NO to YES (but they were anyway???)Altered nothing else.

blott
22-04-2004, 15:19
If you unsubscribe from each one individually, you'll get no more email updates of when people have posted. The unsubscribe option is at the top right and bottom left of each forum page.

It's nothing to do with your profile at all - you just need to make sure that the 'subscribe to topic' check box is empty each time you make a post.

There are two check boxes at the bottom of each text area prior to your posting if you click Reply to Topic. The top one is to include your profile signature and the second is to subscribe to the topic - it's the second one that needs to be empty.

Ana
22-04-2004, 15:23
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote: Anyway when i then clicked to 'update profile' (as i amended it slightly)it told me there was a problem and to remember to include info' that was already there! I tried again and then gave up...what am i doing wrong? I amended the 'allow other members to e-mail you' from NO to YES (but they were anyway???)Altered nothing else.
[/quote]

I get this error message too - but it still updates the profile.

gednandrea
27-04-2004, 02:15
Thanks for the advice folks and partic' Blott. I'll follow your advice!

A slightly more knowledgable Andrea!

tezz7628
30-12-2006, 19:46
things must have changed slightly ?

if you go into your profile there is a link you can click on for "MY SUBSCRIPTIONS" which gives a full list and you can unsubscribe from them all at once if you wish