PDA

View Full Version : Best Seafood Restaurant ?

Mr G
20-04-2004, 17:18
I love Seafood and would welcome any tips from the 'fishy' experts out there as to which restaurants they have visited and ratings. We will be in Florida this August and will be visiting the most recommended. [:p]:D

Ana
20-04-2004, 17:24
I love the buffet at Captain Nemo's. When we went they had a very good selection at a really good price. My 9 year old discovered his love for lobster when we visited there!

fiona
20-04-2004, 17:34
Shells and Crabby Bills on the 192. If you like crabcakes, the best ones I have had (apart from on Sanibel) are at Jimmy Buffets.

blott
20-04-2004, 17:50
Red Lobster do pretty good snow crab legs...

andreah
20-04-2004, 17:58
I'm with you Blott.
The lobster and snow crab at the Red lobster were superb!!
It came on a large platter with prawns in garlic butter etc...
Yum!

Andrea

Ana
20-04-2004, 18:03
....my mouth is watering! The cheese sarnie I had for lunch hasn't satisfied me after reading this!

bridget
20-04-2004, 18:05
Me too - I love Red Lobster. I like the Admirals Feast (a platter of shrimps, clam strips, fish fillets and scallops). Their lobster and crab stuffed mushrooms are yummy too. Oh, I wish I was there now! [msntongue]

Ana
20-04-2004, 18:10
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by bridget
Oh, I wish I was there now! [msntongue]
[/quote]

Well it's only 74 STM (sleeps til Mickey) for me, and you're one ahead of that Bridget!!

bridget
20-04-2004, 18:20
Wahoo! I can't wait. It's such a shame it's 9 hours away *groan* - I don't like flying too much... By the way, if it's still there, don't go to Angels Diner on H192 for "all you can eat seafood". It's rotten!

Ana
20-04-2004, 18:26
...and for breakfast [xx(]

MrEktion
20-04-2004, 18:32
I shall think of you all when I am in Red Lobster on Thursday night (we are 2 STM!!!!)

Mr E

Ana
20-04-2004, 18:47
Wow - I'm green with envy! Have a crab claw for me!

bridget
20-04-2004, 19:08
I'm jealous! Happy holidays!
:)

andreah
20-04-2004, 19:43
Oooh MrE

I am green with envy!! Have you tried the big berry daquiri in there? They are massive and gorgeous!!

ENJOY

Andrea

Nostromo
21-04-2004, 02:22
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
Red Lobster do pretty good snow crab legs...
[/quote]

Do they do Lobster Thermidor? I'd like to try that with Chablis and follow up with Baked Alaska for dessert.

george
21-04-2004, 02:40
We used to use Captain Nemo's. We went so many times they asked us to go on a staff outing to Tampa. What a day we had. Bucs Vs New York. They even sent us home in taxis!

MrEktion
21-04-2004, 05:02
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by andreah
Oooh MrE

I am green with envy!! Have you tried the big berry daquiri in there? They are massive and gorgeous!!

ENJOY

Andrea
[/quote]

Andrea,

I would love to try a BB Daquiri but I am not allowed as I am Designated Driver for the fortnight and so Mrs E and the rest of the Funbus crowd will no doubt partake on my behalf.

It's Margarita's for Mrs E and I when we get the chance. Must say Mrs E. had a a rather good large Margarita in RL, very nice but not quite in the league of the Don Pablos MargaTini which is 27 Fl Oz of Margarita and is Mrs E's Signature Florida Drink[msnoo]

I will have to pig out on Cheddar Biscuits and Lobster instead!

Mr E.

Cruella DeVilla
27-05-2004, 05:42
Boston Lobster Feast. As many Maine lobsters as you can eat(the record is something like 68)
plus unlimited seafood: crablegs, crabcakes,chowders, oysters, clamsmprawns,sushi etc etc. Also meat for the non fishy and desserts. They have a nicely stocked bar to!!! I normally have 4 and hubby can mamage 7! $30 OR $26 for the early birn before 1900. Shall have one for you going next week.
CDV[:X]

Mr G
27-05-2004, 17:29
Thanks for that CDV, You have made my mouth water already.We will not be in Florida till August [msnsad] So save me some[msnsmile2]. Also take plenty of sun cream, they are having a heatwave at the moment.!!

janice
27-05-2004, 17:39
Our first night meal is always Red Lobster, it's become a tradition now, we have been going to Orlando for the last 12 years and we never get tired of eating there. Those biscuits are divine[msntongue]

LesleyB
27-05-2004, 17:42
Hi CDV, where is the Boston Lobster Feast - is there just one in Orlando or are they all over? Sounds like my sort of place.

Lesley

janice
27-05-2004, 17:42
Oh forgot to mention we tried Landri's at Lake Buena Vista, the food was good but my daughters boyfriend was very ill that night so it's kind of put us off eating there again. Having said that, none of us were ill but we all ate different menus.

Mr G
27-05-2004, 17:44
Thanks for that CDV, You have made my mouth water already.We will not be in Florida till August [msnsad] So save me some[msnsmile2]. Also take plenty of sun cream, they are having a heatwave at the moment.!!

neilr
27-05-2004, 18:04
There are at least two Boston Lobster Feasts in or around Kissimme

There is one next to the Florida Mall, Another on the 192 East of I4 - and I think there is one on International drive. (Very good value but it is pile'em high shift'em quick sort of a restaurant).

We are Red Lobster addicts ourselves... The Crab and Lobster Fondue... Salmon and Shrimp Platter (with a Lobster Tail side!)..... mmmmmmmm Lobster...

Well on 6 more STD!!! or Is it 6 more sleeps to RL???

[msnsmile2]