PDA

View Full Version : getting out of Sanford airport

Jaynie
20-04-2004, 01:06
From what we can remember last time on our journey from Sanford was that we found it difficult to get on the I4 this could have been because it was dark and raining heavyly, but I dont think it was signposted very well, any tips please

Ann-Marie
20-04-2004, 01:46
Jaynie

I had the same problem 2 years ago but it was in broad daylight. I was very focused on where I was going but still missed the turn off and had to turn back and ask for assistance. Eventually made it - but, like you, would like some tips, in case I ever go via Sanford again. Going to MCO this year - done this before in the pitch dark and didn't get lost. Here's hoping I'm as successful this year!

Ann-Marie:)

andy1
20-04-2004, 23:45
Hi,yes you are right the sign posts disappear after a while.Best route is 417,next is I-4.You will need change for 417 couple of dollars should do it,next best tip is ask the guys who are in the vehicle in front at the rental you may be able to follow them.

sandra777
16-05-2004, 02:47
I agree with Andy1, the 417 is by far the best route and a lot less busy as its a toll road. It normally takes about 45 minutes for us to drive to Kissimmee and the toll charges are less than $5. I remember once using the I-4 route and it took over 2 hours because we hit the evening rush hour.

Chris7
16-05-2004, 04:46
You'll love this link It has driving directions out of Sanford onto the I4 (and then on to most other places), and the best part is it has a picture of what you'll see about every 100 yards :D

***/British/sfb_viai4.html

Censorships gone mad [msncry] - PM me for the link which is useful as it has maps and directions from both airports to just about everywhere you'll want to go.

Note to the Moderator - it's only a Kissimmee tourist information site, they don't book accommodation[:o)]