PDA

View Full Version : Schooling -> Where do I start?

Hex
19-04-2004, 19:57
We are buying a business and moving out to Florida late this year (or early next) and are finding it hard to find out any info about schooling for our 8 year old. Can anyone give me any links or info about where to start? Ideally we would like to go visit a school before we move out there and to get some communication going (via email) so that we (and our boy) know what to expect.

Any help would be great,

chrizzy100
19-04-2004, 20:09
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Hex
We are buying a business and moving out to Florida late this year (or early next) and are finding it hard to find out any info about schooling for our 8 year old. Can anyone give me any links or info about where to start? Ideally we would like to go visit a school before we move out there and to get some communication going (via email) so that we (and our boy) know what to expect.

Any help would be great,

[/quote]

We found it easy enough to find info on schools when we were going to move down......you need to find the county you're interested in online....most countys have a website......they should have a list of schools in that county.......with a link to the schools website......there you'll find phone numbers....etc.....

If you have no joy before I get home......I'll see if I still have some links for you......I'm out to IHOP.......

:D

Hex
19-04-2004, 20:21
Much appreciated. We are moving to Lake county (Orange Tree). All of the links I have found so far are either dead links or unreachable email addresses.

jeffc
19-04-2004, 21:09
we move onto orange tree on thursday.

the school district is lake county and the schools your lad will go to will be windy hill middle school or lost lake elementery both are brand new schools and i can say windy hill is very good as my 11 year old goes there and i am very satisfied..

the problem you could have is the zones are changing in the near future so the schools could change.. but that will be next year at the earlist..

the problem we are finding is that the estate and ones like it are mainly short term rentals so your son will find it hard to find school mates that live on the estate..

at the moment there is only 2 british familys living permanent on orange tree...

if you require phone numbers etc please pm me and i will help as much as i can..

ps it will be nice to have more british permanent on the estate..

jeffc
19-04-2004, 21:14
just found the web site for lake county schools:

www.lake.k12.fl.us

all the schools are on there aswell as all the web site..

best of luck

Hex
23-04-2004, 19:03
Have finally got an email address of the prinicipal at Pine Ridge (which is apparently the correct school). Many thanks for your help Jeff. Fingers crossed we'll see you soon!