PDA

View Full Version : Cracker Barrel

bridget
19-04-2004, 19:00
Don't bother with Cracker Barrel for dinner or lunch, but oh-my-god their breakfasts are the best ever!! Loads of different types of pancakes: cherry, peaches, blackberries, pecans and fried apple cakes etc. plus all usual cooked breakfasts - oh my, I'm drooling! We think the quality is a lot better than say, Ponderosa/Sizzler etc. and it's always packed with locals too so it must be good.

george
19-04-2004, 19:02
Sounds too good to miss...What do they charge?

bridget
19-04-2004, 19:26
The last time I was there (about 5 years ago) I had 3 buttermilk pancakes with fried apples I think it was about $3.99 and worth every penny. Yummy!

Newhomebuyer
19-04-2004, 23:05
I enjoy Cracker Barrel, Breakfast or Lunch I think its good value for homestyle food.

Jules
20-04-2004, 00:52
I agree with Newhomebuyer, we love to have lunch at Cracker Barrel especially on a Friday. They have a special called the Friday fish fry which puts English fish and chips to shame. If they ever have the Strawberry shortcake on the menu be sure to try it. Be warned though if you've already had a main course you might want to share it with someone.

mprince
20-04-2004, 02:16
we tried Cracker Barrel on the 192 bu our home in Emerald Isle - the service was poor and the food even poorer. Would never recommend to anyone or visit again

blott
20-04-2004, 03:17
We've been a few times now and enjoy their 'homestyle' American meals as a change to the usual restaurant offerings - perhaps you just hit on a bad one or an off day? The one further along the 192 east, just past Wal-Mart is usually pretty good.

Newhomebuyer
20-04-2004, 22:55
The Cracker barrel near Formosa has not been open for very long so they may just have been 'settling in' We went to that same CB 4 weeks ago and the service was good and the food just fine. sorry you had a below parr experience.

wilfy
21-04-2004, 17:20
try the one up orange blossom trail, real friendly, and the country ham (aka gammon) was delicious.