PDA

View Full Version : Atlantis

firsttimer
19-04-2004, 17:46
Hint and Tip
Don't go to Sea World in the afternoon with just a bum bag, and decide to go on Atlantis! And also, don't wear a nice white tee shirt with blue bra under lol!
We did, and just after we got off, the sun went down and we froze!! And I refused to buy a $29 towel afterwards!.
This was our first park, and we decided on the minimalist approach. I have to say that after this we reverted to back pack with small towel etc.

Ana
19-04-2004, 17:52
We love Atlantis! We did the same as you the first time on it, went on late afternoon as it had just started to get chilly. We bought towel, t shirts etc. Expensive first ride! I still don't take a towel - just ride earlier in the day - oh, and I also now make sure I don't wear white shorts and flimsy underwear [msnembarrased]

janice
19-05-2004, 19:25
I thought I had survived Atlantis quite nicely without getting too wet, until we got to the bottom of the waterslide. I was laughing with my sister and was so shocked when I thought someone had thrown a bucket of water over me from the side. She still laughs at the look on my face. I still don't take a towel or change of clothes though, it's all part of the fun:D

mikewj
20-05-2004, 02:18
At midday, in the summertime Atlantis is the best place to be. You get a cool shower (more like a full bath) and spend the following 15 minutes drying off as you walk around in the sun.

[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Corny
20-06-2004, 13:30
Me and 7 year old daughter didn't get particularly wet on Atlantis in March this year, but thoroughly enjoyed the ride!

If you fancy getting your laundry well and truly soaked, we found Tidal Wave in Busch Gardens much better for the job! We found when waiting for the queue that most people clambour for the rear seats, leaving the very front one free. Of course, when our turn came around, the front row was the only one left! It starts pretty damp when you have to step into the car and your feet are plunged into a foot of cool water <yuk>, but it's nothing to the soaking we got when we plummetted down the final drop! The final insult has to be that the next car coming down the drop is timed for when the soaked passengers of the previous car are slip-slopping in their dripping clothes over the bridge!! I can't see why I hid behind the screen - after all another gallon of water wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference! Grrreat fun! :D:D:D

Nostromo
20-06-2004, 14:13
Atlantis can be the wettest ride of all in the front row of a car, as I found out to my cost[msnembarrased]. My bother-in-law was in the third row of four and came out relatively dry.

lynn and ray
23-06-2004, 19:36
WE WENT ON ATLANTIS FIRST THING AND FROZE AS WE WERE SOAKED SO WE WENT ON IT AGAIN!!!

ITS OK IN THE SUN BUT WHEN YOU QUEUE OR SHOULD I SAY "GET IN LINE"
FOR ANOTHER RIDE THATS INSIDE WITH AIR CONDITIONING OR GO INTO A RESTAURANT YOU NEED A FUR COAT AND GLOVES!!!!!

BUT WE STILL LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT.