PDA

View Full Version : line dancing - old town

wilfy
18-04-2004, 08:16
Popped down to old town last night, (178 cars in the parade and i recognised about 4 types). We had our normal mooch around after the cruise, and as we were leaving we came across it. As some of you will know they have an open air band playing mainly rock 'n roll, but tonight they were playing more rock than roll. Steppenwolf, Free that type of thing. And out front were some people line dancin. Now i always thought that line dancin was done to country music, but i've been educated. (not on country music i hasten to add). Seeing a group of mature Ladies and Gents performing to 'born to be wild' was most certainly an eye-opener and brought a smile on my face. The enthusiasm of some of them, and the glint in their eye's. We scarper'd quick.:)

18-04-2004, 13:50
If its done to good music it can be great fun! Used to stay in a hotel in New York which had a club downtairs which did line dancing to great music - not a pretty sight seeing a tipsy BA crew line dancing though!!

:D:D:D:D

LiesaAnna
10-09-2004, 20:06
we went there and watched the line dancing, it was great, my little girl then aged 7 ran out to join them!!! she had never done that before!! we enjoyed the music! it was alovely evening then went off to watch the cars parading thouroughly nice evening!!! cant wait to go to old town again!!!!!!!!!!!! roll on Dec!!!
Liesa

Cruella DeVilla
10-09-2004, 20:21
It is not my cup of tea personally but whilst reading it, it reminded me of when we went to Nashville to the Crazy Horse Saloon, there were hundreds of people doing it, could not drag us up though!!!

LiesaAnna
10-09-2004, 20:30
ha ha that reminds me of the days before florida!!! we used to go to Butlins, the crazy horse saloon!!!:D:D:D

pigletsplace2003
25-02-2005, 01:39
Have to say it made me laugh all night , never seen anything so funny , :D:D:D:D

LiesaAnna
25-02-2005, 13:12
couldnt wait till we went again in December last, headed straight for them!!! same group!! i could stand and watch them all night so energetic!!!!! they have fun and the old boy who joins in is great!!!! cant wait till we go again in November this year i know where i will be heading !!!![msnwink]

Nostromo
25-02-2005, 13:36
I always thought line dancing was for...well, senior citizens mainly. I am not quite there yet and still prefer rock 'n' roll.

CarolAnn
25-02-2005, 17:07
Hurt of MK Nostromo[:O]
I have just acquired the most fabulous Cowboy hat which CDV told me I needed the boots to match too (believe she may have the whole set herself?) And, I am considering a bit of 5,6,7,8 myself whilst in Orlando!!!And, I could pass for...ummm thirty something any day...at a distance!! Old Town here I come in April...hat and all! :D

LiesaAnna
25-02-2005, 19:32
you go Carol!!!!!! yee haa!!!!

theyre great fun to watch the old bloke who joins in must be about 99!!!

CarolAnn
25-02-2005, 20:37
Oh He was in my year at school[msnwink]

LiesaAnna
25-02-2005, 21:58
[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

Ray&Sarah
25-02-2005, 22:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
Hurt of MK Nostromo[:O]
I have just acquired the most fabulous Cowboy hat which CDV told me I needed the boots to match too (believe she may have the whole set herself?) And, I am considering a bit of 5,6,7,8 myself whilst in Orlando!!!And, I could pass for...ummm thirty something any day...at a distance!! Old Town here I come in April...hat and all! :D
[/quote]

You go for it Carol, boot scooting and all.[msnsmile2][msnwink][msnsmile2]

poohbear
27-02-2005, 21:11
just a test

LiesaAnna
27-02-2005, 23:39
it works!!! and its great!![msnwink]