PDA

View Full Version : Indian Creek Location etc;

worldpeace
17-04-2004, 23:21
FAO any1 whom has info on Indian Creek area/type of Villas. I'm staying in one in Oct for month, would appreicate any details etc:
ie. how far from Oldtown plus how long journey in car. Anything about this location?[8][?]

worldpeace
17-04-2004, 23:23
does any one is splendid china closed or just for refunishment;[:o)]

fiona
18-04-2004, 00:37
Splendid China is now closed. Indian Creek is about 1 mile from the Formosa Gardens Shopping Plaza which has a supermarket, restaurants (Outback, Giordano's, Carrabbas and across the road The Red Lobster) plus a chemist and a walk in medical centre. Old town is a couple of miles down the 192 (allow about 15 mins unless it is bumper to bumper.

chrisj
18-04-2004, 01:28
We almost booked a Villa on Indian Creek, its in a great location for the 192, which is
my fav road

george
18-04-2004, 02:02
Even with the new road works down by the Big bamboo!
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrisj
We almost booked a Villa on Indian Creek, its in a great location for the 192, which is
my fav road
[/quote]

chrisj
18-04-2004, 14:10
anyone know how long these roadworks are on for ?

worldpeace
18-04-2004, 17:13
has any1 stayed here:Indian Creek Villa; if so how good; plus when/where is this road works every1 is talking about?[:I]

worldpeace
18-04-2004, 17:21
FAO Fiona:
reference oldtown bumper 2 bumper on 192 is there an alturnative route? from Indian Creek Villas plus is it safe to walk back in evenings from resturants + oldtown. If not is there taxi's widly available;
thanks in advance
Alan
ps stayed in Calabay Parc Oct 03: very nice but to far from any life.

Newhomebuyer
18-04-2004, 17:31
I have never stayed on Indian Creek but I do know the development quite well. It is in a good location and the villas which I have been in have all been very good.

worldpeace
18-04-2004, 17:46
Newhomebuyer, is there road works outside of Indian Creek; or our they on the 192?

worldpeace
18-04-2004, 17:58
just read via another forum that these so called road work's are now finsished. April 04

fiona
18-04-2004, 21:35
You won't be able to walk to oldtown WP - it's too far! You can walk up to the FG plaza - how long does it take you to walk a mile? See plenty of people doing it, which is fine during the day as people are visible - but not recommended during July / August when it is boiling hot. I would be very cautious in the evening as there are now quite a few communities down these road, bringing with them more traffic. In the Florida people do not walk they drive EVERYWHERE (and in their climate we might do just the same!), so they will not be looking for pedestrians, particularly at night. There is a part of the road (well there was at Christmas when we were last out) that does not have pavements, so my advice would be to travel by car.

If you are going to wal-mart and the 192 is bumper to bumper (nowadays we find this is only at peak holiday times) you can get on the osceola parkway at disney and come off at the poinciana exit and then head for walmart. For old town I would stay on it!

Newhomebuyer
18-04-2004, 22:53
It really isn't any problem getting to Old Town by car in the evening because all the traffic is heading in the opposite direction by then.
The idea of walking to Formosa Plaza from Indian Creek just isn't practical even though you would walk that far in the UK. There are plenty of taxis around at Old Town and I am sure that the villa which you rent will have taxi numbers in their visitors handbook. I hope you have a rental car though because evn though you are near to laots of facilities at Indian Creek, the whole area just isn't pedestrian friendly.

worldpeace
18-04-2004, 23:18
thanks 4 reply's u guy's. Got convertable car hire via this web site: great price's to from uscarhire.co.uk plus looks like were all be in car @ evening or taxi on Fri/Sat nts @ oldtown.

ptcruisermom
03-05-2004, 04:33
I walked from Indian Creek to Formosa Plaza this past Dec. Jan it was a nice walk.[:p]

steph_goodrum
03-05-2004, 13:26
We were there a fortnight ago and used the 192 a lot and didnt have any traffic problems, nor with the I4 which we use a lot, only delay we saw was 3 1/2 mile tailback on Osceola Parkway was warned about when we were on I4.

Jim
06-05-2004, 01:10
We have booked a villa there in June, good central point for most of the parks and eating places![msnsmile2]

Can't wait

Jim

janice
13-05-2004, 17:13
When I was over in April, the traffic queues were horrific. It took us 45mins to get to Celebration from US27, and when going to Disney, we tryed both 192 and I4 and both were nose to tail. Bearing in mind it was spring break in US but I think the roadworks on 192 were causing people to use I4 to no avail. Good luck and hopefully the traffic won't be half as bad for you.

Newhomebuyer
13-05-2004, 22:07
I was over in late March and have just returned for another weeks visit. On neither visit did I experience any traffic problems.

pigletsplace2003
21-05-2004, 03:29
Splendid China is closed , waiting for the next Formosa gardens to be built ??[msnwink]