PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Apartments

DeeperFOLK
15-07-2002, 23:25
I just sent out my security deposit to a apartment complex called 'The Goldenpointe'. I have not been able to visit orlando yet to see what it is like. But now.. I just read some reviews, and apparently... This Apt. complex is rather shall we say shitty... Could someone please give me some outlook on this place? What the neiborhood is like... etc... Or even better, someone who has experience there, or is currectly living. I'd enjoy a good talk about it. Thanks- And please respond! I'm kinda lost over here in Illinios!

caroline
15-07-2002, 23:40
Hi Deeperfolk
Sorry, I haven't actually heard of "The Goldenpointe" - do you have any more details about the address that might help some of us "place it" ?

Caroline

Lakul
16-07-2002, 00:10
I've found an address - Goldenpointe Apartments
7325 Goldenpointe Blvd.
Orlando, Florida 32807
407-273-1371

Not sure where that is, but its listed under East Orlando and the University of Central Florida Area Apartments

Kerry

DeeperFOLK
16-07-2002, 09:07
Hello! Thanks for the replies! Can either of you tell me about that neiborhood? It'd be great to hear from you two again.

Lakul
16-07-2002, 11:53
I've just found this link, but I'm not sure if you really want to read it, but its the only thing I can find about the apartments.

http://www.aptratings.com/rate/v/407273137132807/goldenpointe_apartments.html

Kerry

caroline
16-07-2002, 12:11
Oh Dear, I've just clicked on the link - not really very reassuring. Has anybody else got personal knowledge of the area?

Caroline

fiona
16-07-2002, 13:50
Oh dear, it doesn't look good does it?

Have you paid your deposit by credit card? If so you could cancel, if it's a check there's porbably not much you could do.

Is this for a vacation or full-time rental?

This is a vacation rental site and we really don't know much about long-term rentals.

However I shall have a search for these apartments and see what comes up - hope its' something better!

Fiona

DeeperFOLK
16-07-2002, 20:15
Yes see.... That's the link i originally found. I didn't know anything about it before i found that link. And i know... It doesn't sound reassuring at all! I'll be attending school down there, so it's supposed to be my place to live for a year. We payed my deposit by check. And i know it went thru already. Is there any way i could find something else and have that refunded... Since i'm not actually moving there for 2 and a half months? Thanks for the replies.

steph_goodrum
16-07-2002, 21:05
Hi Deeperfolk,
As far as getting your deposit back from these apartments, the only way is to check the small print in the terms and conditions of the rental. I would hope that as you are not intending to move in for 2 1/2 months that if you tell them your plans have changed so you won't be needing the apartment, that you should receive most of it back.
As you are going to be living there for a year, the ideal thing would be to take a trip and see for yourself, it could be that the negative postings were made maliciously by a competitor, but I know that's not always practical or possible.
The local newspaper www.orlandosentinel.com has lots of info on relocating, colleges etc. as well as apartments.
The local tourist office would probably be a good source as well for info on these apartments, I'm can't remember the address off hand but will look for it later.

Babblin Boo

caroline
16-07-2002, 21:07
You'd need to get in touch with whoever you've sent your deposit to, and see if it's possible to get a refund.
Can the school you're going to be attending suggest any apartments that might suit your needs? - they should be able to tell you more about the neighbourhood as well.
Good Luck :)

Caroline

DeeperFOLK
17-07-2002, 02:37
Well, i'll be attending Full Sail in Winter Park actually. And Full Sail sent me an apartment guide of all the floorplans and what they include like water, sewage, etc... And Goldenpointe seemed to be the best one! 800 Square feet, One bedroom apartment for 595, including water, pest control, etc... So, i thought hey this one looks really good! Those posts may be from competitors... And i kinda hope they are. I dont really want to be living in a dump! It's gonna be awkward enough moving down there by myself, the last thing i need is a crappy apartment! If anyone happens to drive by the place in the next few days, please look out and see if it looks nice or not! That'd be awesome! :D