PDA

View Full Version : Business brokers..........

Julie
15-04-2004, 13:54
Please can anybody help me. We shall be visiting Florida in August and need to find a few good business brokers to enable us to find / buy a business preferably the West of Florida, Sarasota Clearwater Naples around that side of Florida also an area which has very good High schools as we have older children.

Thank you

esprit
16-04-2004, 06:35
I woukd suggest you go to www.fbba.com. select the area you are interested in and see what brokers come up. I personally only know of Orlando based brokers. You could also try www.bizmarketflorida.com. I would also stress that you should do as much work as you can on any business purchase yourself rather than just relying on the advice of a broker and that includes coming out and hunting around. Also employ an independant accountant to check any figures over for you. Remember all business brokers are working on commission. They may try and sell you what they have available rather than what is suitable for you.
You also mention older children at hgh school. Will you be coming on E2? If so are you aware of the problems with older children and E2?

Julie
18-04-2004, 00:00
Hi Julie

Thanks for your reply. I have been on bizmarket website and I shall try the other one you sugest. Would you mind telling me who the Orlando Brokers are that you know, and what you thought of them?

When you say we should come out and do our own hunting, we are coming in August, where would you sugest we look for business apart from a broker, are they advertised anywhere else, where would we look?

If we find a business we would come on L1, in the hope of getting a Green Card within three years, as we do have teenage children, quite a few years before they get to 21!

Thanks again

Julie

esprit
18-04-2004, 03:36
I wouldnt recommend the one I bought off. I wont name names for obvious reasons. L1 is a very good ides but on L1 you dont need to buy a business, you can set one up. Looked at franchises??