PDA

View Full Version : the fastest

tyson1212
15-04-2004, 01:54
does anybody know what is the fastest ride in orlando

Fozzie
15-04-2004, 02:02
I imagine duelling dragons at IOA must be one of the fastest, the Hulk is fast but so smooth its like riding a sofa. - Kraken at SeaWorld is probably next.

The fastest I think is at Busch Gardens (Montu?), but thats down at Tampa, well worth the ride though.

But then again when you can see the concretes coming at you at 60 miles an hour, Ripsaw falls feels just a little bit too fast!:D

Ray&Sarah
15-04-2004, 02:39
I guess the reason the duelling dragons appears to be so fast is due to the closing speed of the two coaster.
Kraken is supposed to travel at 65 mph, upside down, ut whether it is the fastest I don't know.:D

cyclefan88
15-04-2004, 03:06
What about Test Track at Epcot?

Nostromo
15-04-2004, 18:42
Kraken is offically supposed to be the 'tallest and fastest rollercoaster in Central Florida'. It is certainly the scariest, just ahead of Duelling Dragons & Hulk.

chrisj
15-04-2004, 19:09
Kraken scared the **** out of me, but havent been on all the rides yet

jotter
15-04-2004, 22:08
fire the red coaster on duelling dragons reaches 68 miles per hour slightly faster and slightly longer track than ice the blue coaster, no im not an anorak last year we got to the front of the queue when a storm hit and while we were waiting the operator told us the full sad history of the ride.

jotter

Nostromo
16-04-2004, 00:21
To get the best bloodcurdling effect on the Kraken, get on the separate queue for the front row, look down at top of the first drop and keep looking down as the coaster 'drops'. The start is one area where the Kraken scores over the Hulk; the former's gradual climb to the top of the first drop builds up the adrenalin nicely whereas the Hulk's sudden rush out of the tunnel does it too quickly - so quicky that one sometimes forgets to get scared.

chrisj
16-04-2004, 00:32
No thanks Nostromo, it was bad enough sitting in the middle, and I had to go on it twice

Lukcily daughter doesnt fancy going to seaworld this year :D

Ray&Sarah
16-04-2004, 02:09
Okay chrisj, you will not be doing Kraken, take your daughter to Island of Adventure and do Duelling Dragons, followed by Hulk, and then Jurassic Park. I am sure you will have a great time!!!!

chrisj
16-04-2004, 02:20
Thats exactly where she wants to take me, she even made us get the flex tickets so we can
go everyday (thats what she thinks)

:)

Ray&Sarah
16-04-2004, 02:58
So by the end of your vacation you will be a rollercoaster junkie!:D:D

SunLover
16-04-2004, 03:18
Or a complete wreck [xx(]

Nigel W
16-04-2004, 12:55
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
To get the best bloodcurdling effect on the Kraken, get on the separate queue for the front row, look down at top of the first drop and keep looking down as the coaster 'drops'. The start is one area where the Kraken scores over the Hulk; the former's gradual climb to the top of the first drop builds up the adrenalin nicely whereas the Hulk's sudden rush out of the tunnel does it too quickly - so quicky that one sometimes forgets to get scared.
[/quote]

Sounds as bad as Oblivion in this country.

chrisj
16-04-2004, 13:20
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by hayter
So by the end of your vacation you will be a rollercoaster junkie!:D:D
[/quote]

More like in need of total bed rest :D

Ray&Sarah
17-04-2004, 02:27
You'll be fine, just close your eyes and pray!!!:D:D:D

chrisj
17-04-2004, 02:37
I do just that but it dont stop my legs shaking when I get off :D

Ray&Sarah
17-04-2004, 02:39
I know that feeling well, how do we let ourselves get talked into these things.:D

chrisj
17-04-2004, 03:08
Think its called being under the kids thumb :D

esprit
17-04-2004, 07:21
I dont know about the fastest. I like all three you have mentioned in their own ways, but in my opinion the best ( or worst!!) coaster is Montu at Busch. I like coastera and I actually felt woozy after my second go in succession on that one. I also like the wooden coaster at Busch, the Gwazi. That is rickety and fair rattles your teeth out. Feels like the old bobs at Blackpool. It is a lot scarier than some of the inverted coasters. As someone said, Hulk is like riding a sofa it is so smooth. Now Gwazi certainly aint like riding a sofa!!

Nick Sayer
07-05-2004, 19:06
Check at the drag cars at old town kissimmee.

They do 0 - 60 in 2 seconds and reach a top speed of approx 110 mph. Well worth the $30 a go if you want speed.

Or possibly the skycoaster where you get dropped on a wire. A bit like freefalling for a secons or so.

chrisj
07-05-2004, 19:25
too fast for me im afraid :(

amy
07-05-2004, 20:18
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jotter
fire the red coaster on duelling dragons reaches 68 miles per hour slightly faster and slightly longer track than ice the blue coaster, no im not an anorak last year we got to the front of the queue when a storm hit and while we were waiting the operator told us the full sad history of the ride.

jotter
[/quote]We where again stuck in line as a storm passed and there was an anorak was telling everyone how he had toured the US and in IOA the fasts seat back left of fire on DD.
I wonder how one seat could be faster than another, I tried it was no faster but alot more intense than the others I left me slightly unbalanced for around an hour.

chunkichik
14-11-2004, 02:57
I don't think i would go on the Skycoaster if my life depended on it!!! When we went in 2000 for the first time, we kept wondering what on earth these two poles were for, everytime we went past we made another suggestion. Imagine my horror when we actually went to the Old Town for the car parade to find out that people actually pay to get strapped into only what can be described as a kingsize sleeping bag to be dropped possibly to your death!!!

No thank you

traceya89
14-11-2004, 03:23
i have a heart attack just watching some of the big rides. imagine if i went on them ........ does going on the skycoaster get classed as dangerous sports/activities on your travel insurance?[gun]

p.s. have just discovered lots of smilies i never knew existed

Nostromo
14-11-2004, 13:53
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by traceya89
Does going on the skycoaster get classed as dangerous sports/activities on your travel insurance?[gun]
[/quote]

No it does not. I know because I asked about this and The Slingshot before going. Likewise, parasailing was allowed too.

We were told that Hang Gliding, Whitewater rafting and Wind surfing needed to be mentioned, but the agent seemed to think that of those only Hang Gliding would warrant extra premium for coverage.

ORLANDO_MAGIC
23-01-2005, 03:07
Kraken is indeed the fastest roller coaster in Orlando at 65mph with Montu and the Incredible Hulk not far behind both at 60mph along with The Dueling Dragons Fire also at 60mph with Ice a few miles behind at 55mph.

All of the above are a long way behind the Worlds fastest coaster which until recently was "The Thrill Dragster" at Cedar Point in Ohio which reaches a speed of 120mph and a height of 420 feet,but amazingly thats now been beaten by "Kingda Ka" at Six Flags in New Jersey which gets up to 128mph and an incredible height of 456 feet and is the fastest,highest coaster in the World at this moment.

Take a look at this new monster &gt;&gt;&gt;

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/johnmatthews/KINGKA.html

Nostromo
23-01-2005, 03:16
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ORLANDO_MAGIC
"Kingda Ka" at Six Flags in New Jersey which gets up to 128mph and an incredible height of 456 feet and is the fastest,highest coaster in the World at this moment.

Take a look at this new monster &gt;&gt;&gt;

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/johnmatthews/KINGKA.html
[/quote]

WoW! Great graphics OM. I can't wait to ride it when I get the chance!

Ray&Sarah
23-01-2005, 03:21
Think I will give that one a miss but my eldest son would love it, better not mention it or it'll be New Jersey here we come for our next holiday.:D

Semper
26-01-2005, 20:39
It's not the speed. It is the ride that exerts the highest G-forces on the body that give the biggest thrills.

Kumba (the big one right at the back of Busch) certainly felt the fastest for me. To the point where i could feel the blood rushing to my eyes. It has some really sharp fast turns. Definately the best coaster for me so far.

David and Debra Waters
28-01-2005, 03:23
I love them all.
I could never bother to join the longer queues for the front...but last time in Florida there was no q for Montu at Busch...and it was SO MUCH BETTER[clap]
Later in the holiday I made sure we queued for the front at the Coasters in IOA.
My vote goes to Duelling Dragons. Loved both Fire and Ice...and can't remember which was best.

The one that frightens me the most is Its a Small World...now that's scary.[msnwink]