PDA

View Full Version : WESTRIDGE 4 Bed 3 Bath Villa with For Sale

neilbrunton
14-04-2004, 14:29
FOR SALE : 4 Bedroom/3 Bathroom villa built in 1999 in the quite community of WESTRIDGE complete with all its furnishings.

We have successfully rented our villa for the last 4 years, obtaining 48 weeks bookings last year and around 40 week this year. The remaining bookings this year can be taken over by the new owners.

We provide guests with a computer with free unlimited internet access, which is rented, from our management company for $45/month. This also covers full maintenance and support. For $30/month we also have unlimited national and international phone calls. Both these services are very good at attracting renters and can be carried on by the new owner.

Our villa has just been professionally repainted inside, we have just purchased a new 3-piece suite and last year had the main room tiled to reduce maintenance.

Our villa consists of 2 double and 2 twin rooms with the master complete with en-suite and cable TV/Video. All bed linen was replaced this year.

The kitchen is fully equipped, including oven, dishwasher, microwave, fridge freezer with icemaker, waste disposal and all utensils.

The villa comes with its own private pool with a gas heater and all pool furniture.

Our villa will be available to complete in the middle of August

All this for only $229,000.

Why buy new when you can purchase an up and running business that has bookings in place.

For pictures and more information checkout our website at:

www.florida-vacation-home.co.uk

or email me at neilb@nbrunton.freeserve.co.uk

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/neilbrunton/2004414102831_front.jpg

14-04-2004, 17:14
Sorry to be personal, but why are you selling???

neilbrunton
14-04-2004, 17:54
There are a number of reasons which have made us decide to sell. Firstly both of our children have started at private school so we could do with the money to pay their fees.

Secondly we have owned our villa for 4 years and have visited it roughly twice a year. I think if you own a villa you have to visit at least once a year to check things over and refresh everything. We now want to visit other places and as we can only afford one main holiday a year we want to use it to travel to other places.

Maybe once the kids have finished school and we have traveled to other destinations we could be looking at buying again in Florida.

Hope this helps.

Neil

14-04-2004, 21:41
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by neilbrunton
There are a number of reasons which have made us decide to sell. Firstly both of our children have started at private school so we could do with the money to pay their fees.

Secondly we have owned our villa for 4 years and have visited it roughly twice a year. I think if you own a villa you have to visit at least once a year to check things over and refresh everything. We now want to visit other places and as we can only afford one main holiday a year we want to use it to travel to other places.

Maybe once the kids have finished school and we have traveled to other destinations we could be looking at buying again in Florida.

Hope this helps.

Neil
[/quote]

Yes, know exactly what you mean about private schooling we have seen two through who are now at Uni and have another 2 to go (one at a non fee paying grammar) very expensive!!

We have done our traveling, so we are ready to buy, we already go out twice a year and I would like to visit more.

If your villa had a lake view I would have snapped it up, and I don't think you will have any trouble selling.

Good luck!!

lindajo
15-04-2004, 02:56
Neil

I notice that you have unlimited international and national calls available and you only pay $30 per month. Could you tell me who this is with?
Thanks
Lindajo

trevlad
29-04-2004, 05:12
neil
still for sale or sold?????????????
trevlad

neilbrunton
29-04-2004, 11:34
Trevlad

Still for sale. We have just listed it with our Realtor so may not be around much longer. If you want any more info email me at neilb@nbrunton.freeserve.co.uk

Neil

neilbrunton
07-06-2004, 11:37
Our buyers have just pulled out this weekend as they have now decided they cannot afford our villa. The price is now $220,000 and is about to be relisted on Realtor.

Jo
08-06-2004, 00:21
Would be very interested in having a look , but we are not coming unitl late August - hopefully for you someone will have snapped it up by then.

If not , DM me nearer the time.

Jo

neilbrunton
08-06-2004, 11:19
Jo

You might be in luck as we are advertising it till 16th June then we are fully booked until mid August so will be unable to show anyone round till then. Last time we advertised it we had 40 viewings in the first week so hopefully we will have a result in the next 8 days.

Thanks

Neil

Jo
19-06-2004, 01:34
have you had an offer - on the villa I mean?
[msnwink]
Jo

neilbrunton
19-06-2004, 02:19
Jo

I have had many offers and a few for the villa as well. We have been offered $5000 over asking price which we have accepted. We have only had a $1000 deposit so far and the buyers have to transfer the other $4000 by Tuesday or we will be re marketing. So I sould know early next week if the deal s done.

Thanks

Neil

trevlad
20-06-2004, 00:37
the flies are still buzzing round the honey pot!:D:D:D

is that money in the bank yet neil ?

trev

Mr G
20-06-2004, 00:53
Hope the deal goes ok Neil.It looks a lovely house. I'm sure there will be a very excited new owner hastily gathering the funds together.

neilbrunton
20-06-2004, 02:38
Trev

We are still waiting for the extra $4000. Our realtor is checking with the tital company to see if the extra has been transfered today. They have 3 more days to get it sorted.

Neil

trevlad
20-06-2004, 03:06
this is more tense than watching an england game:D

trev

Magical Dreams
25-06-2004, 01:37
Hi there Neil

Is this now sold??

I was hoping you was gonna let us know but you have obviously been busy

Mr G
25-06-2004, 02:45
Hello Neil,I hope your sale is going well.
I disagree with Trev having just watched England lose on penalties[msnsad][msnsad]It can't be as tense. Hopefully your sale is completed now.[msnsmile2]

neilbrunton
25-06-2004, 02:54
All

I havn't heard from my realtor since last Friday. I think he is away at the moment as I cannot get hold of him by phone or email.

Will let you know when I have any more info.

Keep watching as it is more interesting then Beckham taking penalties.

If I was paid £80,000 a week I am sure I could kick ball that at least went under the cross bar.

Bye for now.

Neil

chrisj
25-06-2004, 03:06
he's paid more than that though [msnmad][msnmad]

trevlad
25-06-2004, 04:41
brunton or beckham [8D]

trevlad
25-06-2004, 04:43
having heard nowt we presumed the deal was in the bag how can you be so cool. i would need to know, 3+ days ago
. trev

neilbrunton
25-06-2004, 11:30
Trev

I wish I was earning over £80,000/week then we wouldn't be selling our villa. I try not to get too involved with the selling till the end as there is alot that can go wrong. I let my Realtor absorb all the stress for me.

I also know that if these buyers pull out there are plenty of others to replace them.

Thanks

Neil

Magical Dreams
28-06-2004, 01:21
Hi Neil

I take it you still have not heard??

We are flying out on Wednesday to look for one of our own!!

Do you have details of it so we can have a look before we go??

neilbrunton
28-06-2004, 11:56
I spoke to our Realtor and he said that the extra deposit should be with the Title Company by Today (Monday). I can PM you details if required. Our current guests leave on the 30th June and we have a small gap till the 4th July so viewing will be possible.

Thanks

Neil

neilbrunton
01-07-2004, 22:01
Our buyers have had the appraisal done and it has come back at $215,000 and are starting to become a pain. If anyone else is interested in putting an offer in at $225,000 please feel free.

Thanks

Neil

orlandobabe
16-07-2004, 03:38
Can't believe you haven't sold yet the way the villas are getting snapped up-or have you?

Jo
07-08-2004, 01:52
Hi Neil
Have you managed to sell yet? We are coming to Florida on an inspection visit on 23rd August and would be interested in looking if its still for sale.

Jo

Our buyers have had the appraisal done and it has come back at $215,000 and are starting to become a pain. If anyone else is interested in putting an offer in at $225,000 please feel free.

Thanks

Neil
[/quote]

neilbrunton
09-08-2004, 02:33
Jo

We are due to close on the 16th August. I will let you know if this does not happen.

Thanks

Neil

Tbag
28-08-2004, 01:22
Hi Neil

How did the sale of your villa go?

Hilary

neilbrunton
31-08-2004, 11:34
Hilary

We still havn't completed. The completion date has now been moved 4 times. We were due to complete today but the buyers have just informed us that they need more time and we are now looking at the 10th September. This I feel will be the last date change. If they can't complete by then they will lose their deposit and I will re market it.

Thanks

Neil

trevlad
02-09-2004, 04:25
neil this is becoming a saga old fella!!

i know how you feel we recently lost a buyer for a uk property on the last day, still i didnt wish him too bad, honestly[8D][8D]

neilbrunton
02-09-2004, 11:30
Trev

These Hurricanes arn't helping. The buyers agents offices were badly damaged by Charley and they were without power for a week. Now we are due to close Friday and the Title Companies office my close Friday due to Frances. So hopefully if all goes well and Frances keeps out to sea we should be closing very soon.

Neil

scimoon
03-09-2004, 11:45
We're in the same boat as you Neil but reading the small print in the contract if the buyers can't get insurance due to weather conditions, the sale can be delayed until 5 days after any warning has been lifted and if the house is damaged they can wait until the repairs have all been completed, which is understandable. :( so just in time for another Hurricane. So fingers are very crossed here

loi
18-09-2004, 12:56
Has the property been sold yet?
Loi

neilbrunton
20-09-2004, 11:54
Loi

We are almost there. The contracts have been signed by both parties and returned to the Title Company. There is now a small problem with wiring money around which was suppose to have been fixed last Friday but will now hopefully be sorted out today.

This sale has now been going on for about 3 months so I will be glad when it is finally over.

Thanks

Neil

CERICROWLEY
20-09-2004, 12:36
Hi Neil

We're in the same boat bu t on the other end buying, it has been delayed a couple of times now, due to hurricanes, now waiting for the repair list to be complete. Plus we get conflicting information from the Mortgage company and closing agent. We are putting a substantial deposit down so no paper trail needed. now they are asking for credit reference which we did, but now they say they want proof of mortgage owners in the uk, now done, NOW they say the notary service we found is not a US citizen, which means a trip to the London embassy or the states, but we can't book our flights as we are not sure what the exact closing date is yet should the 30th but they cannot guarantee this

AAARGHHHHH

If you haven't completed by then lets get together and drown our sorrows over a couple of margheritas

Ceri

CarolAnn
20-09-2004, 13:18
Best wishes Neil:)Hope you are there with the sale now! I have read this thread with interest, and your reasons for selling I can equate to (and we only have 1 child at PS). Just for the record, I think you villa looks lovely BTW.

fiona
20-09-2004, 14:24
Ceri, do a search on here for notaries, there will be plenty of into on that. There should be one in every major city in the UK, just be prepared to pay alot more than people do in the US!

CERICROWLEY
20-09-2004, 14:43
Thanx Fiona

Did that but nothing came uo.

The problem I have is that I have been told by the mortgage company that not only must he be a notary but a US Citizen. IS THIS TRUE. thing is a know a notary about a mile down the road from where I live. The mortgage company keep giving different info
[msnmad]:(

neilbrunton
20-09-2004, 14:49
Thankyou all for your kind words. The main problem is that our buyers are not taking our bookings so I am having to relocate them all. I am given an expected closing date so I arrange to move our guests to another villa and then it is all delayed. I have to pay the the new villa owner to take our booking and our villa stays empty. Our next guests are due in next Saturday so If we don't close today it is getting a bit close to organise moving them. I have a villa for then to go to but if something major happens to delay the closing again I would prefer to keep them in our villa.

The stress is sending me mad and alcholic.

Neil

CERICROWLEY
20-09-2004, 14:57
Isn't your MC doing anything to help you.

Thats what I thogh we pay all our hard earned cash for them to do. They get enough every month.

neilbrunton
20-09-2004, 15:23
Our MC are great and are providing us great support. They have found all the villas to accept our bookings at the same rate as we charged. All the villas are bigger than ours but they are moving them for the same money so are guests are getting a better deal.

Neil

loi
21-09-2004, 01:01
Thanks Neil and all the best.
Loi

stabard
21-09-2004, 01:05
Ceri - Have not heard about notaries having to be US citizens before. I know ours wasn't. Hope it goes well for you tho

whitfield family
21-09-2004, 03:27
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CERICROWLEY

The problem I have is that I have been told by the mortgage company that not only must he be a notary but a US Citizen. IS THIS TRUE. thing is a know a notary about a mile down the road from where I live. The mortgage company keep giving different info
[msnmad]:(
[/quote]
I hope this isn't true - we were at a local notary this lunchtime signing the papers for our new villa, and she was most definately English. We have been delayed four times now, as we couldn't get insurance due to the hurricanes, so I hope this goes through OK by Thursday.:( The notary for our first house was also English and there wasn't a problem there.

carolmc
21-09-2004, 04:57
Our Notary was Irish and based in Dublin - no problem!

jad
22-09-2004, 06:34
Just out of interest Neil, why aren't the new owners taking your bookings? I would have thought they would be grateful of owner booked rates of income! I have just put mine up for sale with the condition of taking my bookings as I don't want to let my guests down but I would be interested to hear if you think that is going to be a put off

Jackie

neilbrunton
22-09-2004, 11:41
Jad

I don't know why the buyers didn't want the bookings. They never asked about them or about retaining my excellent Management Company so we have moved all the bookings to other villas looked after by our MC. All the villa we are moving them to are larger than ours as we have a small 4 bed so the guests should be happy to move.

I don't think it will put buyers off having bookings in place it is probably a good selling point. A few buyers may be moving to Florida permanently to live or don't want to rent out but I think they are in the minority. The first two buyers we had interested in our villa were keen to take on the bookings but they both dropped out as they couldn't raise enough mortgage.

We eventually closed last night so now all we have to do is try and move the money back to the UK.

Thanks

Neil

Carla
22-09-2004, 12:32
Congratulations on finally getting it all sorted. I know that it was a nightmare for you, so at least now you can celebrate.:D:D:D

That's a shame for the buyers Neil, if they are going to use the villa as an STR. They would have had some great bookings and one of the best MCs in Central Florida, as we both know.;););)

Nowt as queer as folk.:D:D:D

Jad

I don't know why the buyers didn't want the bookings. They never asked about them or about retaining my excellent Management Company so we have moved all the bookings to other villas looked after by our MC. All the villa we are moving them to are larger than ours as we have a small 4 bed so the guests should be happy to move.

Neil
[/quote]

Calamity Jane
22-09-2004, 14:10
Glad you have got sorted Neil, I agree with Carla, some folk can be really odd, maybe they will regret not keeping the bookings in, but then again it would be too late.