PDA

View Full Version : Tchoup Chop, Boma, Chef de France, Mythos

caseyd
14-04-2004, 03:57
FYI, I have posted a trip report ('a week at Greater Groves') on 4/12/04 on the trip report section of this forum and in it I reviewed our experience at Emeril's Tchoup Chop at Royal Pacfic Resort at Universal,, Boma at Animal Kingdon Lodge, Chef de France at Epcot, and Mythos at Islands of adevnture. Don't want to double post, but you can check that out if you are interested in our experiences at those places.
I will tell you to GO TO MYTHOS at Islands of Adventure if you are going to IOA or Universal Studios. PHENOMENAL food, service, atmosphere, and very reasonable. How often do you get all 4 of those, esp. in a themepark (or for that matter, anywhere?) They have been voted best theme park dining in all of the USA, and I understand why. For more info, check my trip report. YUMMY.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
14-04-2004, 13:13
We'd agree about Boma and Chefs De France - we always go at least once per visit [msnsmile2].

We've not been to the other two so will be adding them to the list for our visit in June!

caseyd
14-04-2004, 17:16
John and Sarah: We had a bad experience at Tchoup Chop- I didn't want to repeat the info in this area as I know you don't like double postings on same info, but go to the trip report to see. I woudln not return there. Poor, expensive food; I had read very uneven reviews with some pretty bad reviews but ignored it and wanted to see for myself. The reviews on uneven, weird food were right in my opinion. Decor nice, service good, but food not good and tres expensive.
Mythos was great!
We had a subpar experince at Chef de France, but I think it was the Easter week crowds as we had a 35 min. wait even with priority reservations. I've been there several times and this was the first time we had been served inedible food. I think Epcot was overwhlemed that day all the way around in the eating establishments. They did offer us free dessert to make up for the problem w/my sons inedible dinner but we had to make it out to see Spectrmagic and couldn't stay any longer...

cyclefan88
15-04-2004, 03:21
That's too bad, we had a great time at Tchoup Chop. I celebrated my birthday there with a party of 8, 5 staff members waited on us and brought our entree's out at the same time. The waiter and waitresses kept asking if everything was ok...I'll have to tell Emeril about your bad experience :(