PDA

View Full Version : Emigrating to Florida

lazy liza
13-04-2004, 20:43
Hello.

My name is Liza. I am currently making enquiries about Nursing in America. I am 28 year old British woman. I am not a qualified registered Nurse yet, but i am currently studying in England as a student nurse. I have completed my first year Diploma for Adult Nursing (CFP). I am making enquiries now as i will be moving to America in 2006. I will hopefully be a qualified registered British Nurse by then. I would like to know if you can help me with some information on either working in America as a registered nurse or information on transferring from England to America as a student Nurse.

I am also divorced with two children. I was wondering if anyone would have any information on re-locating to Florida from England with children. I feel that i may have to go through the courts with my x-husband.

I look forward to hearing from you.

chrizzy100
13-04-2004, 21:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lazy liza
Hello.

My name is Liza. I am currently making enquiries about Nursing in America. I am 28 year old British woman. I am not a qualified registered Nurse yet, but i am currently studying in England as a student nurse. I have completed my first year Diploma for Adult Nursing (CFP). I am making enquiries now as i will be moving to America in 2006. I will hopefully be a qualified registered British Nurse by then. I would like to know if you can help me with some information on either working in America as a registered nurse or information on transferring from England to America as a student Nurse.

I am also divorced with two children. I was wondering if anyone would have any information on re-locating to Florida from England with children. I feel that i may have to go through the courts with my x-husband.

I look forward to hearing from you.

[/quote]

I think you will have to talk to a lawyer about taking the kids out the country.....its different for everyone....if you get him to sign the papers...then make sure you move your kids to a good school area in FL.....some schools are not the best......

My friend was a childs nurse in England...but shes now having to retrain in the USA from start because she did not have a general nursing degree from the UK.....I know there are a few nurses working their way to taking the nursing exam in the USA that were posting here...so I think nursing as been talked about in the moving to FL forum....

esprit
14-04-2004, 05:20
To go in as a green card nurse ( ie not on a visa but straight to green card) the RN must have a RN license and a diploma from a nursing school in her country
Plus a full and unrestricted license to practice professional nursing in the state of intended employment, or a certification that she has passed the examination given by the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS), or evidence that she has passed the NCLEX- RN licensing examination but cannot obtain a license because she lacks a social security number. For most UK nurses, the latter bit is obtained by a conversion course.

Bamboo Benny
14-04-2004, 18:58
Hey Liza,

If you goto [website link edited]

and check down the list, they have a nursing forum. You might find this helpful.

Good luck,

Bamboo Benny

Bamboo Benny
14-04-2004, 19:00
oh, forgot. You need discussion forum.

chrizzy100
14-04-2004, 19:55
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Bamboo Benny
Hey Liza,

If you goto [website link edited]

and check down the list, they have a nursing forum. You might find this helpful.

Good luck,

Bamboo Benny
[/quote]

Thats a really good site.....you can spend hours reading all the info there.......:)

Bamboo Benny
15-04-2004, 22:16
Can someone pleaase explain to me why the above link was edited out ?. I thought that this website was supposed to help people out ! This serves no purpose whatsoever.

[website link edited] is the site you need. Discussion forum&gt;Nursing.

[msnmad]

blott
16-04-2004, 02:30
The website link you posted has links to other vacation rental homes and, whilst you're correct in that we do like to help people here on this forum, we unfortunately don't promote other rental home websites.

If Lazy Liza hasn't already seen the links you posted and wishes to do so, then I would suggest she(?) PMs you for the info.

Bamboo Benny
16-04-2004, 12:05
Fair point.[msnembarrased]

sorry.[:I]

andy and ann hales
16-04-2004, 12:43
Hi

I am an RN and have looked into doing the same a lot of agencies will sponcer you in return for a two year contract look in the nursing press there is always adds it usually takes about 18 months to get there with a lot of hard work you have to sit their exams. (O'Grady Peyton seem like the best company for gving you support) You will need some expereince before they will take you after you qualify.

A great book to buy is "Nursing in America" by Euegenie Houston
£15.00
It tells you everything you will need to know.

Best of luck the reason I have not gone for it is no agency will not guaranttee a certain area and we would like to be near our villa if we did it.

Ann