PDA

View Full Version : Films on Virgin

brizzle
12-04-2004, 18:17
Weird question really...

Does anyone know what movies are being shown from LGW to MCO with Virgin at the moment. I go 2 weeks today so was wondering what I can expect.

This seems odd but I flew BA in December and was very disappointed with the films. If they aren't going to be any good I will make 'alternative' arrangements. :)

Brizzle

blott
12-04-2004, 18:30
Somebody's obviously asked them this before as they have a list on their website! http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/entertainment_movies_next_month.view.do

or you can put your route in http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/entertainment_movies.view.do

brizzle
12-04-2004, 19:49
Excellent, I should have looked on the Virgin site I suppose [msnembarrased]

I thank you muchly,

Brizzle

chrisj
13-04-2004, 01:02
On some of the Gatwick flights, you now get the new system, where you have a choice of
upto 50 films and you can pick what you want to watch, pause etc. Dont think its on all
the gatwick flights yet though

brizzle
13-04-2004, 01:34
Sounds good but I doubt I'll be lucky enough to get that on my flight. Films sound OK-ish but I may bring a book.
Damn, now I'm thinking about the flight I'm thinking about the 9 hours I'll be stuck on it...:(

Oh for suspended animation like the movies when they can just freeze me and wake me up on arrival...or better still transporters a la Star Trek...I can see it now, 'just popping off to Boma for lunch be back in 90 minutes':)

Brizzle.

chrisj
13-04-2004, 01:46
Must admit I hate the long flights as well

Ray&Sarah
13-04-2004, 03:31
The flights are long, but look what you have to look forward to at the other end. [msncool][msncool]
It's the one coming back that drags![msncry]

brizzle
13-04-2004, 12:08
Funnily enough the one coming back has seemed OK because it has always been 2 hours quicker for us.
We've always flown in the winter and had the benefit of the stronger winds aiding our flight home. Last trip from MCO to LGW was just under/over 7 hours which the pilot said was a record of some kind, allegedly. Makes for some final thrill rides though with the added turbulence.

Also, funny how the anxiety of flying has risen with the fact of getting older and having kids. As a young lad I loved it, now each trip I get more worried. I'm turning into a big wuss. However, no ride scares me yet. weird.

Brizzle.

KarenScott
13-04-2004, 23:55
Does anyone know which virgin flights from Gatwick have the new systems on?[:I]Karen

chrisj
14-04-2004, 00:15
I have asked Virgin but not had a reply yet, I would assume they are slowly upgrading
all their planes

Pikey1999
14-04-2004, 20:34
I asked that a while back and they said they couldn't tell. Still you may get a different answer.

Pikey1999
14-04-2004, 20:40
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by brizzle
Also, funny how the anxiety of flying has risen with the fact of getting older and having kids. As a young lad I loved it, now each trip I get more worried. I'm turning into a big wuss. Brizzle.
[/quote]

Same here. I just assumed it's the Dad in me worrying about my Kids!

brizzle
13-05-2004, 22:19
Ruby Tuesday had the system that has Nintendo games on as well as movies, entertainment and a built in telephone ($9 p/min though).
Hot Lips just had movies and entertainment

Brizzle

chrisj
14-05-2004, 01:25
Virgin have just taken a Gatwick 747 out of service, so this will be replaced with the newer
one, still trying to get info on when they will all be replaced. It must be soon as most of
them are getting past their sell by date

Sharon G
26-05-2004, 23:36
Do Virgin have the individual TV screens in the back of every headrest????

Sharon

chrisj
27-05-2004, 01:12
Sharon

Yes they do, I think from memory they were the first airline to
offer this service as well