PDA

View Full Version : polynesian luau & rain

jakifamily
12-04-2004, 14:22
I have made a PS for the above dinner show (8.pm) on 29th July. This is an outdoor event & can be cancelled in the event of of inclement weather. I am used to the afternoon downpours in the summer months and can cope with that when we are at the parks. However when you consider the ticket has to to be paid in full 7 days before the meal, for our family this is $250.00,I am now having second thoughts & and may consider a PS at ohanas instead(indoors). I normally visit Florida at spring when the rain is minimal, so what was everyone summer evenings experience with rain last year?This would be a good guide for me as i would prefer the Luau over ohanas. Also if the show is cancelled I understand it is non refundable.TIA.

chris
19-04-2004, 20:55
We went to Disney's Polynesian Luau in February. We originally had booked one night but when we arrived they'd cancelled it as it was too cold. You do get a full refund if it is cancelled. Instead we transferred it to another night. That night it was tipping it down so I rang expecting to be told it was cancelled only to find it was going ahead. The audience is under cover, it is just the performers who are in the rain. I think the American definition of inclement weather is different to ours.

Citrus-view
22-04-2004, 17:39
Hi we went to the one at Sea World, which is all under cover.

Night was a lot of fun, plus as they run it in the park, you get to see the fire works close to.

To food was of good quality which is not the norm and not to many people attended, plus all seats were allocatd so it saves on joining that long line.

Please consider as an alternitive