PDA

View Full Version : Appliances

mandyc
09-04-2004, 01:11
This may sound a bit silly but hear goes, I am due to rent a villa for the first time. I was wondering about appliances ie washer/dryer/cooker is there alot of difference (apart from size) to ours in the UK. Or do I need an instruction manual. I can remember the time when I tried to use the washing machine in the laundry room at our hotel, it was a disaster and I just gave up in the end. As I said silly question but someone go to ask it!!!!!

Mandy

Ray&Sarah
09-04-2004, 01:20
Washing machines tend to be top loaders but they do usually have instructions inside the lid. Tumble Dryers and Dish Washers are pretty much the same as here. We find that they don't get anywhere near as hot as ours at home, which probably explains why nearly everything you buy in the US is tumble dryable and next to nothing from the UK is![msnsmile2]

chrizzy100
09-04-2004, 01:22
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mandyc
This may sound a bit silly but hear goes, I am due to rent a villa for the first time. I was wondering about appliances ie washer/dryer/cooker is there alot of difference (apart from size) to ours in the UK. Or do I need an instruction manual. I can remember the time when I tried to use the washing machine in the laundry room at our hotel, it was a disaster and I just gave up in the end. As I said silly question but someone go to ask it!!!!!

Mandy[:I]

[/quote]

Most washers are top load....put in the powder first.....let the water run till you get bubbles...then throw in the clothes......you can do 3 or 4 wash sizes on most washers.small to extra large.....check the heat of the water before putting in your clothes...I sometimes find USA washers run to hot or to cold.....

Most dryers are easy.....most have a sensor drying cycle...so you just put clothes in and the bell will say when its finished....don't forget to clean the filter.......

I would think most owner would leave the books......or leave a step by step guide......

:D

chrizzy100
09-04-2004, 01:26
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by hayter
Washing machines tend to be top loaders but they do usually have instructions inside the lid. Tumble Dryers and Dish Washers are pretty much the same as here. We find that they don't get anywhere near as hot as ours at home, which probably explains why nearly everything you buy in the US is tumble dryable and next to nothing from the UK is![msnsmile2]
[/quote]

My mums knickers always end up a few sizes to small after a wash here if I don't watch the heat of the water.......a sad day for all boy scots who could camp out in most of them..........:D:D:D[:o)][}:)]

mandyc
09-04-2004, 01:29
I think i'll take plenty of knickers with me then in that case!!!

chrizzy100
09-04-2004, 01:38
I think i'll take plenty of knickers with me then in that case!!!
[/quote]

I buy mine from Vicky Secrets......great knickers.....5 for $20....nothing kills them.....:D:D[8D]

mandyc
09-04-2004, 01:52
That sounds like a bargain, do they come in all sizes??

:):D

Ray&Sarah
09-04-2004, 01:53
Chrizzy,
Thanks for the tip, victorias secrets here we come!!![msnwink]

chrizzy100
09-04-2004, 02:04
That sounds like a bargain, do they come in all sizes??

:):D
[/quote]

I'm not sure what size they go up too....I'm a size 12 English..so I get size M .... I think its S....M......L.....XL....also try Walmart for fun knickers......if you have teenage girls they'll love Walmart knickers.....my daughter is into the girls y fronts...with saying on them....around $2 a go....

chrizzy100
09-04-2004, 02:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by hayter
Chrizzy,
Thanks for the tip, victorias secrets here we come!!![msnwink]
[/quote]

I love their knickers....very well made......you can get any style for that price.....from thongs....to large going to the doctor ones......:D:D

mandyc
09-04-2004, 02:26
Good point on sizes, 12 english size about a medium in USA sizes is that correct. Don't want any passion killers after all!!

Ray&Sarah
09-04-2004, 03:40
I love their knickers....very well made......you can get any style for that price.....from thongs....to large going to the doctor ones......:D:D
[/quote]

Bit like M & S here then.:D

Magical Dreams
29-10-2004, 00:42
Try this link for clothes sizes etc!!

http://www.usemb.se/usis/absweden/sizes.html

This may help!!

jeff66
07-01-2005, 21:50
We have the American washer and dryer over here in the UK. It has to be kept out of the kitchen, as they are really big!