PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new(ish)

GarethP
08-04-2004, 22:59
I've been skulking as a guest for a while, but now I've registered.

Not strictly a Villa owner but a Westgate Towers Resort Owner.

We're off on 28th April to Miami for a few days and then off to Orlando for a week.

Fozzie
08-04-2004, 23:12
Hi and welcome to the forum,

Im not familiar with Westgate Towers, is it a villas resort or more townhouse style?.

Anyway, have a great holiday.![8D]

GarethP
08-04-2004, 23:14
It's mainly a Villas resort, although I own a (timeshare) apartment.

Thanks! I'm trying hard to convert a very sceptical/Cynical girlfried that the US isn't at all what we see in the UK press/on the TV!!

Fozzie
08-04-2004, 23:20
Good luck, you tend to see what you expect to see!:), but theres a whole lot more....

Lyn
09-04-2004, 00:13
Hi Tell your girlfriend that Americans in America are nothing like Americans in England. I used to go to stay with friends in London on a regular basis and often came across American visitors, I thought they were brash had NO dress sense and had no desire to go to America at all. I went to Florida in 1993 to take my children and thought I would hate it, I LOVED it I can't get enough of it, and the American people that I have met are lovely.

Lyn

Ray&Sarah
09-04-2004, 01:11
Hi and welsome to the forum.

All the Americans we have met in Florida and other parts of the US have been really nice. Trouble is we tend to stereotype people, Ray went on a course with alot of people from different nationalities and the first thing they had to do was give their impressions of other nationalities. You know like Brash Americans, the ignorant French and the Germans who bag the sun loungers. Well he discovered that the general opinion of the English - Religious, Royalist, Have to dress at all times correctly and rather aloof. Well he soon squashed those ill conceived ideas, he is none of the above. So it made him realise that we shouldn't tar everyone with the same brush. [msnsmile2]

Your girlfriend will love the US.[msnsmile2]