PDA

View Full Version : Sea World Dining

KarenScott
08-04-2004, 16:17
Has anyone been to any sea world dining events, either breakfast with Shamu or the Polynesian evening? Just wondering whether to book something for our holiday in June?
Regards
Karen[:I]

blott
08-04-2004, 17:06
Now you've got me wondering what Shamu's table manners might be like! :D;)

Liesel
13-10-2006, 12:38
Hi Karen

We did Dine with Shamu a couple of years ago. We enjoyed it, the food was ok and it was really nice to sit down and eat something hot after a long day trudging round the park! Don't expect a performance from Shamu, they make it clear that they vary the times and content of each training session so that the whales don't get bored and if a casual swim and informal interaction with the trainer are on the schedule, that's all you'll see, so it is pot luck from that point of view. That said, the whale does come up close to say hello to all the diners and waves goodbye and from a distance of a few feet, it's very impressive! I have attached a photo I took when we were there.

http://www.funtimeflorida.co.uk/slideshow/46.jpg

Lots of people seem to be getting the opportunity to see the new baby at the moment and that must be a real treat [msnsmile]I don't know how busy it gets in June but it is popular so I would book ahead, as early as possible.

Liesel

jolliffee
13-10-2006, 20:15
We rate Sharks Underwater Grill very highly, this is a full service restaurant with great food for all tastes.

Cross over the awesome outdoor shark pool and enter an underwater dining experience you'll never forget!
More than 50 sharks swim just inches away in an amazing underwater grill.

We have found the service courteous in a breath-taking, atmosphere.

Guests wanting to make reservations to Shark's Underwater Grill can do so by visiting the host/hostess stand in front of the restaurant on the day of their visit

ali-uk
14-10-2006, 01:53
We have just doen dine with Shamu two weeks ago the baby was a week old, mother and baby were in the pool next to us while we were eating.
The food i thought was really nice go you will enjoy it:D
Ali

JoRo
31-10-2006, 02:21
we did the dine with Shamu and really liked it. Food was buffet style as much as you can eat with free beer and soft drinks. Worth doing.
Joyce

CarolAnn
31-10-2006, 12:03
Oh bless!!! I love you picture Liesel:) I am a fan of the "Big Fish":)

russell148
31-10-2006, 20:59
We have booked dining with Shamu on christmas day, we are all really looking forward to it

Liz

pieman790
03-01-2007, 15:09
We did Dine with Shamu nearly two years ago and did not think too much about it. The food was great as was the service but we went to see Shamu and although we saw him/her swimming that was all we saw.
I think it goes down to the trainer on the day but we saw more of Shamu in the stadium than in the dinning area.

Liesel
03-01-2007, 15:16
Can you book for the Underwater Grill?

Liesel

mizzy
03-01-2007, 15:28
we did dine with Shamu (march 05) and it was buffet style with servers for drinks, the food was good and the server we had was lovely, my youngest was quite poorly and flat out in a pushchair so she refunded what we had paid for his meal and also brought him a "i ate with shamu" t.shirt and a cuddly shamu with some boxed up chocolate covered cookies to take home for when he was feeling a little better [msnsmile]

we thought this was extremely nice as it was totally unexpected

the trainers stoppped and talked at most tables and no matter how silly the childrens questions they had a lot of patience and a good sense of humour

overall we thought that it was good value for money

we are looking at sharks underwater grill for our next trip

mizzy

Cowgirl
28-01-2007, 22:55
inreply to booking sharks underwater grill you can but only from about 11.00am ish then when you go back for your time allocacted they give you a pager and bleep you when a table comes available.Usually the wait is 20 mins when its busy but there is a nice gift shop nearby where we stock up while we are waiting:D