PDA

View Full Version : pets

gray
07-04-2004, 17:55
Hi could any one tell me about takeing your dog to live in florida.
How do you go about it?
How much does it cost?
Has anyone done this?
Your experences please.

Nicjmc
07-04-2004, 18:38
We brought our 2 dogs into the US 7 years ago.It`s all a bit hazy now but basically you will have to find airlines that will take them,find out what part of the year they will take them,(most won`t in the summer months due to the heat)arrange a container approved by the airline and get the appropriate health checks to confirm that they are ok to fly and are up to date with shots etc There are companies in the uk that will do all this for you,but at a cost or you can easily arrange it yourself.I know we had some paperwork from the US that clearly defined all the entry requirements but cannot remember how we got it!try a search on the web and also on this site to find out more.Hope this helps.Nicola.

Nicjmc
07-04-2004, 18:40
approx costs from 7 years ago!

flight-150
container/crate-75
vets-50

all in pounds.

The uk companies wanted upwards of 1000.

prettymoon
07-04-2004, 22:11
Hi
I am just in the process of doing this myself If you want i can give you the name and address of the company i am using it is the best price i have got so far.
I am moving 2 big dogs and 5 cats at a cost of £1,800 and all I need is a health cert from my vets as far a I know, that is all I have been told I need hope this helps

gray
18-05-2004, 18:02
Hi Thank you for your reply
We have just been over to florida for3 weeks so did not reply
I would be very greatfull for the address of the pet moving company as we could not leave ower dog.
Thank you Gray

RUSHBURY
09-06-2004, 05:37
Hi Prettymoon

Could you please send me the details of the moving company for pets I have 2 cats and would like to find out the prices etc.

Thanks.
Helen