PDA

View Full Version : villa location ideal situ (2)

casperdje
08-07-2002, 23:34
thanks for the replies
we are hiring a 7 seater type car and we were going to hire a villa with pool
or is a resort development with communal facilities and pool a better idea as we have 2 children aged 11 and 15 and if so we are grateful for suggestions and i am sure you are all impartial!
we will mainly be visiting all disney parks and universal with ioa bush gnds and kennedy with a few rest days and if necessary can stay at orlando 3 weeks but would like a week quietly at the beach if possible so we intend visiting parks early and are a little concerned about driving times between disney at one end and universal the other
as i believe traffic can be bad that is why i queried the best (as in most convenient for both wdw and universal if there is such a thing)location all the villas appear impressive thanks to all dave and teresa

chris
09-07-2002, 22:59
A villa holiday is definitely best as there are no restrictions as to what time to use your own private pool. We really enjoyed our midnight swims after getting the teenagers in bed!Most communities have a few other facilities for free use such as tennis court, large pool and basketball hoops.
Most of the villas are within easy reach of both Disney and Universal. For example my home is less than 10 minutes from Disney via the back roads and only 20 minutes from Universal if the I4 is not snarled up.
If you aim to get to the parks about 30 minutes before official opening times you can get to the popular rides before the queues are too long. Always aim for the rides at the back of the park first and work forward, as most people on a first visit start at the front and queue right from the word go.

Chris

orlandobabe
10-07-2002, 16:55
As regards a villa with pool vs a community pool. I would much prefer to swim in my own pool than lug everything around to a community one-but if your children are old enough to leave to their own devices they may be able to make friends with other children.

Orlandobabe

imported_n/a
20-09-2002, 15:41
We stayed on an estate, before we bought the villa, that had a community pool and the kids wanted to try it out, so off we went - true it was a hassle lugging everything over, but the kids met some resident's children who lived on the estate and had a great time! Ended up visiting their house about 4 times in the 2 weeks!

It was nice for them to see how American children live but they haven't stopped mentioning the 60" TV since!

Your own pool of course cannot be beaten!

steph_goodrum
20-09-2002, 17:24
Most of the newer developments, like ours at Hampton Lakes have both private pool at the villa and communal one where they can meet other children sometimes. 2 way radios are a good idea to enable as much contact as possible.

Babblin Boo

esprit
20-09-2002, 18:27
Its not just the children who make friends by the community pool. We have our own pool too but the communal pool is much bigger and good to use if you want a proper swim. I have met a number of other owners up by the pool and a number of people renting other villas also (never forget to take my business cards with me!!)

Julie Carty

janny
20-09-2002, 21:15
A private pool is great for those early morning swims -you can be in the pool before you have time to change your mind about doing it.As has been said community pools are really good for making friends but it's the taking everything with you that bugs me.
Janny

Lizzie
21-09-2002, 02:03
If you are out at the parks all day, you may find the communal pool closed, thus the advantage of your own private pool. Most private villas have a door leading from the master bedroom straight out to the pool deck, much more convenient than having to put swimwear on under clothes and trudge around to the communal pool, especially after all that foot slogging during the day. Look for villas that have access to I4/Hwy192, since we discovered a great short cut through Champions Gate we can save a good 5 mins on our journey to WDW or Universal

Liz

imported_n/a
21-09-2002, 19:16
Only thing to watch is if the estate has a "no swim" time - ie you are asked not to go in pool after 9pm and before say 6pm. Lindfields does not have a retriction (I hope it doesn't anyway! otherwise we break the rules everytime!)

florida4sun
21-09-2002, 19:21
There is no such thing as this for private pools. The no swimming after 10.00pm is a popular myth. Ofc ourse this can apply to community pools but not private residential pools.

quote:
Only thing to watch is if the estate has a "no swim" time - ie you are asked not to go in pool after 9pm and before say 6pm. Lindfields does not have a retriction (I hope it doesn't anyway! otherwise we break the rules everytime!)

Martin

Another Day in Paradise!