PDA

View Full Version : villa location the ideal situ?

casperdje
08-07-2002, 22:30
family of 4 with 2 friends are hiring a villa for 3 weeks
the first week we all hope to see a mixture of parks
the second week we continue and visit more parks whilst our 2 friends go to the keys and the 3 rd week we hope to meet up and hire a villa along the gulf coast for a rest for the last week
can anyone please give an opinion as to where would be the best development to rent on with daily traffic and travel in mind
i imagine a villa very near disney wk1 and one nr int drive for week 2 is not really practical? if so what would be the best area and development to stay on
thanks

blott
08-07-2002, 22:57
All the Florida homes on this site are within easy driving distance of Disney but I don't think there are any near the International Drive area as this is mainly a hotel location. There is no 'best' development but the nearest homes to Disney are in the Splendid China area. If you have a look at the map on this site at http://orlandovillas.com/map.asp this will give you some idea of locations.

If you're thinking of a Gulf Coast home, April is still peak season on the Gulf Coast (it runs from Christmas until after Easter there) and you may find that 14 night rentals are a minimum at that time. You need to start looking fairly quickly as there are fewer homes on the Gulf Coast than in the Orlando area and they get booked quite a time in advance.

Have a great Florida vacation!

Blott

Lakul
08-07-2002, 22:57
Hi

I think you will get lots of answers here, with lots of us plugging our own communities. There are many lovely communities to stay at.

Take some things into consideration - are you hiring a car and if not will you be near to public transport. Do you want onsite facilities - i.e golf, childrens play area, shops, cummunity swimming pool etc etc. Do you want to be near all the hussle of International Drive or do you fancy something more relaxing.

Our community at Highlands Reserve is idealy located about 15 minutes from Disney. It's away from the hussle of International Drive, which makes it an ideal location to come home to and relax.

Have a great holiday, wherever you choose.

Kerry

esprit
08-07-2002, 22:58
There really are no villas near International Drive. You may get an appartment or condo. As to the Disney bit, well none of the villas on this site are more than 20 mins drive away and the ones on west 192 and on 27 near where it joins 192 are only about 10 mins away.

As to the best development, well each owner will say the one on which they bought so it will be dificult to get an impartial view. Decide what is important to you. Some developments have lakes, golf courses, tennis courts, club houses, games rooms, even movie theatres on site and some do not. If these are not important to you, why pay for them? If they are, then look through the descriptions for a development which has what you want. Happy hunting!

Julie Carty

dbrook
09-07-2002, 00:01
Easter was our fourth visit to Orlando and on previous occasions we have stayed at resort communities, but this time we decided to try a villa though I didn't think we would enjoy it as much so we decided to try a week at a villa and a week at an apartment resort. Couldn't believe no-one wanted to move from the villa and we didn't enjoy the resort nearly as much - gotten too use to our own heated pool and the space! And our children are 14, 13 and 11. Asked what they preferred and there was no hesitatation to the villa! Then we bought one!!!

Diane

D. Brook