PDA

View Full Version : lovin` it

tyson1212
06-04-2004, 17:47
i really love epcot, i am staying in orlando for 3 weeks in sep. does each country have a ride or anything in it. which is the best part.

chrisj
06-04-2004, 17:56
From memory they dont all have rides, some have a movie etc

As for the best part, well this is our fav park so the whole place is great

Nostromo
06-04-2004, 18:00
Epcot is and always will be the centerpiece of WDW and Orlando. There is nothing else like it anywhere in the world. There are different attractions in each of the 13 country pavilions of World Showcase, but not all are 'rides' in the conventional sense. Norway and Mexico have boat rides, Germany a Model Railroad, Canada and China have 360* Cine shows and so on. All of them have one thing in common: they are thoroughly enjoyable.

Remember that World Showcase is only one half of Epcot; Future World is the other.

Lyn
06-04-2004, 19:11
Ig I could only visit one park it would have to be Epcot, it has everything. The first time we went in 93 we had taken our children who were then 5 & 11 out of school. After just a couple of hours in Epcot I decided they had learnt more than they would have done in school and no longer felt guilty about taking them out of school.

Lyn

caseyd
07-04-2004, 17:42
I was at Epcot yesterday. Did not go on the new Mission Space ride as it simuates G-force and I get motion sickness, but hubby and kids loved it. Test track is still in operation and still fun. Nostromo, don't foget to add Mexico to your rides list- it also has that charming little secret indoor boat ride way in the back of the mayan pyramid where the dining place is. That is the first ride my daughter wanted to go on after we got our fast passes for Test Track upon entering the park. The Chinese children's acrobat group that is performing in front of the China area now should not be missed- they were just incredible. There is also a new exhibit in Japan- a fabulous colection of tin wind up toys from a famous Japanese collector. BTW- I thought of you all and toasted you when I hoisted a glass at the Rose and Crown around 5 p.m. yesterday.

chrizzy100
07-04-2004, 20:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caseyd
I was at Epcot yesterday. Did not go on the new Mission Space ride as it simuates G-force and I get motion sickness, but hubby and kids loved it. Test track is still in operation and still fun. Nostromo, don't foget to add Mexico to your rides list- it also has that charming little secret indoor boat ride way in the back of the mayan pyramid where the dining place is. That is the first ride my daughter wanted to go on after we got our fast passes for Test Track upon entering the park. The Chinese children's acrobat group that is performing in front of the China area now should not be missed- they were just incredible. There is also a new exhibit in Japan- a fabulous colection of tin wind up toys from a famous Japanese collector. BTW- I thought of you all and toasted you when I hoisted a glass at the Rose and Crown around 5 p.m. yesterday.
[/quote]

We eat in Mexico most of the time.....we must still have a small drop of South American blood in our veins.......:D:D
But we are taking my mother in law....shes not into that kind of food.....so any ideas anyone or we'll be stuck with fish and chips......hehehehehe

07-04-2004, 20:49
I keep going to this tread thinking its a MacDonalds thread - 'lovin it' is their ad campain at the moment!

Sorry!

Nostromo
07-04-2004, 20:54
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caseyd
Nostromo, don't foget to add Mexico to your rides list- it also has that charming little secret indoor boat ride way in the back of the mayan pyramid where the dining place is.
[/quote]

I think that ride is called El Rio del Tiempo or something like that. Yes, we've been on it and although it is not as thrilling as Norway's Maelstrom, we still enjoyed the Mexican ride too. We always do World Showcase anti-clockwise, so that Mexico is the last pavilion reached. We then get something to eat at the Cantina de San Angel and watch the fireworks.

Nigel W
07-04-2004, 21:46
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Julie R
I keep going to this tread thinking its a MacDonalds thread - 'lovin it' is their ad campain at the moment!

Sorry!
[/quote]

Me too[msnembarrased]

mikewj
07-04-2004, 23:12
Would you like fries with that ?

08-04-2004, 00:22
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mikewj
[/quote]

Stop it Im dieting!!!!

Nigel W
08-04-2004, 00:38
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mikewj
[/quote]

Ill take a shake though[msnwink][:p]

tinkerbell
08-04-2004, 13:37
Mexico is where I did my ankle at xmas! That was our first stop too, so I had to limp around the rest of world showcase! Three and a half months later I'm still on crutches!

chrisj
08-04-2004, 14:49
Im just watching my mates video of Epcot, he was there 2 weeks ago :(:( Wish I was
there now

blott
08-04-2004, 16:54
Mexico is where my mother got mowed down (literally) by someone in an electric wheelchair who went amok! Ended up spending ages in the First Aid place nearby although the wheelchair driver got off and walked away!

mikewj
08-04-2004, 17:40
If it was an electric wheelchair provided by Disney, I'm not surpirsed.

We hired one for my aunt-in-law (is this a real relationship ?) a couple of years ago. She couldn't control it, so after 15 minutes, I ended up driving it back down Main Streen in MK to give it back. I don't normally have problems driving anything, but this was an absolute nightmare !!