PDA

View Full Version : Loma Vista

RobH
06-04-2004, 16:08
Hi I'm coming out for the first time with my family 2 adults 4 kids 16, 14, 11, 9 in august for 3 weeks back to the uk for sept 5th(boo)
we have been told we are staying in loma vista villas can anyone tell me what the area is like and how far away ect from amenities and disney
also does anyone know if its worth buying the 10 day disney pass and the orlando 5 park flex in the uk or wait until i get over there the$ being what it is
Thanks everyone kooking forward to reading your replies
Rob[8D]
[msnsmile2]

ujpest doza
06-04-2004, 20:38
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by RobH
Hi I'm coming out for the first time with my family 2 adults 4 kids 16, 14, 11, 9 in august for 3 weeks back to the uk for sept 5th(boo)
we have been told we are staying in loma vista villas can anyone tell me what the area is like and how far away ect from amenities and disney
also does anyone know if its worth buying the 10 day disney pass and the orlando 5 park flex in the uk or wait until i get over there the$ being what it is
Thanks everyone kooking forward to reading your replies
Rob[8D]
[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

I stayed at Loma Vista in March 2002.
It is classed as Davenport and is close to a Publix at Champions Gate Golf Course.It is quicker to leave the I-4 at Champions Gate rather than staying on until US27 and then heading north.

It is a bit remote as regards restaurants etc and you will either have to drive up US27 to the west end of the 192 or use the I-4 to get the maingate area of the 192 or Lake Buena Vista for restaurants.

There is a petrol station at the US27 turn off from Loma Vista on the junction with County Road 54 (on which Loma Vista is situated) and opposite this is (i think) a Walgreens store. The local Ambulance/Fire station is between Loma Vista and US27.

Getting to Disney is actually quite quick and easy using the I-4 from Champions Gate as you turn off onto World Drive long before the 192 and this road leads right into Disney and due to where it is it is very quiet.It will take about 15-20 minutes to drive to Disney on the I-4.

At the time i stayed at Loma Vista they were building a brand new estate next to it.

honeybee
06-04-2004, 22:37
We own on Loma vista, it is 1 mins from championsgate which now has publix supermarket, mcdonalds, subway, nail bar, chinese restaurant/takeaway french type restaurant, and there is the golf course with apparently fantastic club house which serves excellant meals at lunchtime, the hotel there with bars, resturants etc should be finished in the summer.

Just on the junction with the 27 is walgreens, a few shops, petrol station etc. So it has quite a lot of amenities close by. You can get to the disney turn off on the I4 in approx 6 mins as we have timed it.

The estate has a very strict HOA so you find no trucks parked up, all the gardens are kept well as again the HOA are on you like a lead balloon over any little thing. The homes are 50% rental/50 residential and all are on large plots. Ours is quarter of an acre or more.

The estate does have tennis and communal pool.

Oh yes and Walmarft is approx 10 mins south on the 27.

RobH
22-04-2004, 22:29
Thanks very much for all the info
RobH:D

huckleberry house
22-04-2004, 23:30
Theres a pizzeria now at Championsgate as well,eat in,takeaway or delivered.

Lesley

Maureen Edwards
23-04-2004, 01:35
Hi the Italian at Championsgate doesn't only do Pizzas, but quite a varied menu, including Lasagne, several pasta dishes etc. Reasonable prices around $10-$12 for an entree(main course)
Ideal to pick up on the way home from the parks, if you don't want to eat in the restaurant[msntongue]