PDA

View Full Version : Epcot on May Day Saturday

Nostromo
06-04-2004, 14:45
This year, 1st of May (May Day) happens to be a Saturday. We are scheduled to go to Epcot's Furute World on that day and wondered if the crowds will be larger than usual. I thought that Saturday is not usually a very busy day for Epcot, but is May Day likely to be different?

PS: We would not necessarily be upset if there ARE large crowds on that day, even if it means longer waiting in queues. This is because, with well attended days the 'Wonders of Life' pavilion, now sadly relegated to a 'saesonal' status, could well be open.

blott
06-04-2004, 16:27
01 May (or May Day) isn't celebrated in the US as it is in the UK so it should be just a normal plain Saturday.

chrisj
06-04-2004, 16:38
I would have thought the parks would be busier on a weekend ? isnt this the case

caseyd
07-04-2004, 17:52
Nostromo: as previous poster said, no May Day celebrations here, so don't worry on that. BTW, you are going to be there during the flower festival, right? It might be busier w/locals due to that. I saw the musical acts for that festival posted in the park yesterday while I was there, and it is just great! Do you know who is playing- if not, I'll ask my husband (w/the photographic memory, he read the sign listing the acts w/me while we were in front of the USA bandstand area) as he will remember all the names of the groups playing and if you are interested i can post them to you.

Nostromo
07-04-2004, 19:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caseyd
Nostromo: as previous poster said, no May Day celebrations here, so don't worry on that. BTW, you are going to be there during the flower festival, right? It might be busier w/locals due to that. I saw the musical acts for that festival posted in the park yesterday while I was there, and it is just great! Do you know who is playing- if not, I'll ask my husband (w/the photographic memory, he read the sign listing the acts w/me while we were in front of the USA bandstand area) as he will remember all the names of the groups playing and if you are interested i can post them to you.
[/quote]

Thank you very much. Yes, we will be there during the Flower Festival. I know nothing of the bands that are playing and would be grateful for any info.

caseyd
07-04-2004, 22:44
Nostromo: The ones that stuck in our minds were B.J. Thomas ("Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head" was a real big song of his- he's got a long history as a very good US singer) and Lovin' Spoonful (John Sebastian's group; "Happy Together" was one of their many BIG hits while I was growing) and Davy Jones of The Monkees. All very popluar in the 1970s in the U.S. I'll check the WDW site and see if there is a list of artists and if so will tell you more about the ohters. This sounds great, all performances are at the USA bandstand.