PDA

View Full Version : airline reviews

casperdje
08-07-2002, 21:52
i'm sure many of your members are regular visitors and from a newcomers perspective picking the right one is a bit of a lottery and
reviews may provide some guidance
eg virgin don't fly before april ba seem good but twice the price of an internal connection
thanks

fiona
08-07-2002, 22:22
This seems to be a good idea. We could put up suggestions for airlines and some of the benefits of these airlines which our visitors might find helpful when trying to find flights.

Fiona

steph_goodrum
09-07-2002, 00:21
Hi
I'm not sure where you heard about Virgin not flying till April, they go all year round, we are going out with them Christmas. We've stuck with them so we get the benefit of the Air miles and now have enough for a free flight.

Babblin Boo

Edited by - steph_goodrum on 08/07/2002 20:23:07

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
09-07-2002, 01:06
I think they are meaning Virgin flying from Manchester Steph!

They only do something like 1 May to 11 Nov each year for some strange reason. Can't see why as of all the flight enquiries we get on OV, most people seem to want to travel from MAN to Orlando - there must be the demand there!

John & Sarah Rooke
www.floridadreamvilla.co.uk
www.orlandovillas.com
www.park-tickets.com
www.orlando-guide.info

steph_goodrum
09-07-2002, 02:47
Ah Crystal clear now, didn't realise from the post, I've got several guests who have wanted to fly from Manchester all year round as well, but if Virgin have found the guests will travel to another airport you can understand they'd rather fill 1 plane than have 2 half empty every day.

Babblin Boo

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
09-07-2002, 13:46
True Steph, but I know for us personally we would not go via London at all as it's murder with the children if when we come back we then have to come off a long transatlantic flight onto another short haul flight - last time we did this Isaac literally screamed for the duration of the flight from Heathrow to Manchester - we were at our wits end having had no sleep at all duing the night - NEVER AGAIN!

I suspect a lot of families from this area would be the same. Also it's good to support thoise carriers who have the foresight to see beyond London!

<rant mode off - sorry :)>

John & Sarah Rooke
www.floridadreamvilla.co.uk
www.orlandovillas.com
www.park-tickets.com
www.orlando-guide.info

imported_n/a
11-07-2002, 15:19
Couldn't agree more.

Have not and will not go to London.
Especially after watching those programs where the staff don't care if you get delayed getting there - even when they booked both flights.

And London Luton is nowhere near London at least a few hours further.

Will go to Glasgow though!

Jamie