PDA

View Full Version : vinyl records

Trina
05-04-2004, 01:50
Hi

One of my teens collects vinyl records.

Has anyone seen any decent record shops on Orlando?

Trina

chrisj
05-04-2004, 02:20
There used to be one in Orlando itself many years ago, just emailed a friend out there to
check if its still there. The best places ive ever seen are in london though

Ray&Sarah
05-04-2004, 02:52
Yes the Virgin Megastore near the Dominion Theatre in London had a mass of vinyl records. Made Ray go all nostalgic he has hundreds of them from when he was a youth. LP's, 12" singles and 7" singles.

Herbie
05-04-2004, 03:19
Can't remember if it was Fye's in Florida Mall or the record store at Belz but it was 12" stuff, not the "old" 45's. The best place to try is probably eBay.

Herbie

Trina
05-04-2004, 11:32
This is mean't to be a 16 year old teenage lads shopping pacifyer! We have several secondhand record shops here in our own home town but if we can keep him sweet with a visit to one while we are over there next week then we will all be happy!

Trina[msnwink]

Gillian-B
05-04-2004, 12:13
FYE at Florida Mall isn't that fantastic for vinyl (my other-half is a collector!), neither is the music shop in Belz. He spends most of his time at Virgin Megastore in Downtown Disney which is okay for run-of-the-mill stuff and should pacify most music-lovers as it's a huge shop. Other than that, there isn't much really (although Sanford FleaWorld may be worth a try?).

I'd be interested in what your friend says ChrisJ about a record shop in Orlando.

05-04-2004, 12:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Trina
Hi

One of my teens collects vinyl records.

Has anyone seen any decent record shops on Orlando?

Trina
[/quote]

Trina

I did a google search and lots came up so try 'vinyl records in orlando' on google.

I know how you feel my 19 year old does DJing to help fund uni but spends all his spare money on his vinyl collection! Manchesters Northern Quarter is excellent if you are ever in town!

bellaepovera
05-04-2004, 18:06
I believe Virgin REcord store at Downtown Disney sells them also way in the back

chrisj
05-04-2004, 18:17
My friends come back, the store that we went to closed down :( years ago, mind you
it was only a small backstreet store. Spose it couldnt compete with Virgin etc

Trina
06-04-2004, 01:04
Thanks everyone

Downtown Disney was on our agenda for next week so we can leave my son in the Virgin Megastore for a while!

Also I have now looked up the directions for the many flea markets that have come up on Google. I think we have enough to keep us going for many visits to come!!

Thanks once again to you all

Trina

P.S.Will let you vinyl buffs know what he manages to find [msnsmile2]