PDA

View Full Version : Hopping from AK to MK

Nostromo
04-04-2004, 22:52
We historically do not do much park hopping, but circumstances have forced us to consider going from AK to MK sometime in the afternoon on the coming trip. Since none of us have yet been to AK, I am not sure what the inter-park transportation facilities are, but as far as I know AK has no monorail connection with the other Disney parks? So, do we have to go back to the car and change parks complete with parking spaces or is there a better way?

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
04-04-2004, 23:01
There are Disney courtesy buses between AK and MK but in our experience you can wait for ages with these. Much quicker to hop in your car and drive to the MK. Also means at the end of the day you do not have to trek back to AK on the Disney buses.

chrisj
04-04-2004, 23:01
From memory you will have to drive to AK from MK, they dont have a park link or at least
we didnt see one

Lyn
05-04-2004, 00:01
Depending on when you are going, you may be glad to be park hopping, we found in July that Animal Kingdom got far to hot and humid and by mid afternoon we couldn't wait to leave and visit another park.

Herbie
05-04-2004, 00:07
... and don't forget that you only have to pay one set of car park charges so keep your ticket.

Herbie

tinkerbell
05-04-2004, 13:53
I agree Nostromo, the bus can take ages fro some reason from AK, so take the car!

SunLover
13-04-2004, 22:14
Remember also that you will see more animals at AK earlier in the day.

Unlike the tourists, they tend to stay out of the midday sun !

Nostromo
14-04-2004, 00:54
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SunLover
Remember also that you will see more animals at AK earlier in the day.

Unlike the tourists, they tend to stay out of the midday sun !
[/quote]

That is why we are doing AK in a lopsided manner. We arrive on the evening of April 22nd and settle in the villa. On Friday, 23rd, we'll have to get orientated first and so cannot start till about noon. We'll go to AK and visit only Dinoland USA (it is the very last day before 'Dinosaur!' closes for a 6-week refurbishment), Discovery Island, the Parade and maybe catch the last show of Lion King. The following day, we'll arrive early at AK before the gates open, do Africa, Asia and whatever is left over from the previous day and 'hop' to MK by 3pm. This gives us 4 hours there, but we still have another whole day at MK on Tuesday, 27th when the park is open till 9:30pm.

Amirah
14-04-2004, 01:11
Didn't get to do Dinoland or Camp Minnie Mickey last time I was there. If you get to it, let us know how it was.