PDA

View Full Version : Carrying ID for entrance to parks

jakifamily
02-04-2004, 22:51
Hi im Jaki and have been going to florida with my family every easter since 2000 & on several occasions before. However on joining this forum i have found that there's always more to learn and appreciate the tips & advice given. There are 7 of us in my family ( me, my hubby and 5 kids ages 17,14,5,3,1) and are going to the World this July. I received my park tickets today and notice that the parks are requesting photo ID along with your tickets for entrance. My question is, can I photocopy our passports & show these instead of the original? the thought of carrying our passports everywhere for 17 days is rather daunting & recipe for disaster for us. How have you guys dealt with this?

Ray&Sarah
02-04-2004, 23:06
We were told that you should carry your passport or some sort of photo ID, like the new style driving license, at all times whilst in the US. Just in case the police stop you for any reason. We tend to carry our passports just in case we require them when signing our travellers cheques, although this is most unusual. By the way welcome to the forum, we see this is your first post. Hope its the first of many for you.[msnsmile]

chrisj
03-04-2004, 02:03
We have never bothered carrying our passports with us, were never asked for photo id either
not even when cashing TC's in the shops.

Had to show my licence when stopped last year and it was the old type and had no problems

Lyn
03-04-2004, 16:40
I must look suspicious as over the last 3 years more people seem to be asking me for photo ID and my passport is the only photo ID that I have. When we first started visiting Orlando in 93 no one asked for ID but they are asking for it more and more.

Lyn

sully62
04-04-2004, 19:37
Hi,just got back from orlando yesterday, we had to show photo ID at Seaworld but none of the other parks requested it, also when using a visa some shops requested ID, its advisable to carry some form of Photo ID especially if driving, I kept our passports in a small plastic bag (for the water rides)inside my bum belt.
Tony:D:D

chrisj
04-04-2004, 22:15
But the park tickets dont have your name on them, so I dont see what the point is about
proving who you are with a photo Id, cos it doesnt prove they are your tickets, just proves
you are who you say you are

dino
14-04-2004, 15:13
hi, i am not happy with carrying my passports and i still have the old driving license but i have a bank of america debit card with my photo on it as i changed it on my last visit as they were offering old for new with photos on the card. will that help if asked by shops , parks or any other to show i.d . what do you all think.

dino

chrisj
14-04-2004, 15:46
Like I said, I can only see that your photo id will show that you are Dino, I cant see how
it will show that the ticket in your hand belongs to Dino, Im confused on this

blott
14-04-2004, 15:49
Apart from the parks, you need to carry your driving licence and car rental agreement with you at all times when you're driving.

chrisj
14-04-2004, 15:52
Actually

Slight change

Our 4 Park Flexi Tickets, we have to print our name and sign them, so for these I can see
that photo Id might be needed, but the Disney and Kennedy tickets we dont have to sign them
so even with a photo id that shows im me, doesnt prove the tickets mine

Wow am I getting confused :):)

Ray&Sarah
14-04-2004, 22:29
I know we have always been advised that you should have your driving license and rental agreement whenever you are out and about in the vehicle. As you shouldn't leave valuables in the vehicle it is best you take them with you when you go to the parks.
Tony's idea of a plastic bag for you to keep your passport and things dry is great, and we really do not find an issue with carrying these things. Better safe than sorry;)
Chrisj, I have seen at some parks guests having to sign in, so I don't know if they might use your passports signature and photo to confirm you are who you say you are.

Fozzie
14-04-2004, 23:14
Chris, like you say the Disney tickets don't have your name on and could be used by anyone, but the Universal flex tickets and 'bonus' tickets such as 3rd day free, Sea World second day free etc.. all will give you named tickets and when presented you (sometimes) have to show ID although mostly you just sign a pad at the turnstile.

To be fair, i've never seen them check my signature against the card, despite the fact that they insist you sign it - I actually got the tickets mixed up once and went through with my wifes card, still no problem![msnscared]

Newhomebuyer
15-04-2004, 01:18
If you got cerain types of tickets then you need your ID for the first time that you use them. At that time they take a finger ID and on subsequent occasions you don't need the photo ID.As others have already mentioned it is useful to have photo ID at all times anyway.

chrisj
15-04-2004, 13:31
Thanks for the info, im sure we wont have any problems, Im such a nice chap im sure
they will let me in :)

Ray&Sarah
16-04-2004, 03:02
Hey Chrisj you could always take your avatar picture as proof of who you are.:D:D

blott
16-04-2004, 04:04
I don't think I'll take my avatar... [msnoo]

SunLover
16-04-2004, 08:58
Just a point ~ as well as your driving licence and rental documents, it's a good idea to carry a copy of your insurance documents in the car at all times too.

Heaven forbid you need it, but it's good to know it's on hand if you do.

chrisj
16-04-2004, 13:15
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by hayter
Hey Chrisj you could always take your avatar picture as proof of who you are.:D:D
[/quote]

:D:D:D thats a great idea

oakdale
23-04-2004, 12:51
:DJust wondering if we need ID for the children, I have a
ten year old and was hoping to get her a child ticket, cheeky I
know, has anyone else done this?
Thanks Anna[msnwink]

chrisj
23-04-2004, 13:05
We havent done that even though we have been tempted at times.

When we order food though, we always get a childs meal for both
Emily and Sam (13 and 9). Emily doesnt eat a huge meal and so a
childs one is more than enough for her. Most places dont mind this

ujpest doza
23-04-2004, 16:11
I have to present my IATA card when collecting discounted passes at both Disney and Universal along with the confirmation that they faxed upon booking them, that is the only photo id i carry with me.

My driving licence is the old type without a photo and my wife would probably only have her Costco membership card with her phtograph.

We have only ever taken our passports with us to Pleasure Island due to their strict id policy for alchoholic drinks.Wouldn't carry them otherwise as i've never needed them to cash travellers cheques or to use Visa or mastercard.

I did have to present my passport to pay with Visa in Ibiza last year, and that is becoming quite common due to credit card fraud in Spain.