PDA

View Full Version : My signature, 'would you like the chicken.......

02-04-2004, 11:45
I have a little saying on my signature saying 'would you like the chicken or the beef' which is something cabin crew say as a joke type reference to the job, but everytime I log in it's gone and I have to re post it like I have done this morning?

Is it being removed for any reason? Its not advertising in any way shape or form so I'm a bit baffled?

Julie R

P.S I adore the forum, so much info, it's fab thanks John and Roger!

dbrook
02-04-2004, 12:24
Julie,

It is on your post and I have checked some of your previous posts and it is there too?

Perhaps it's just not coming up for you??

02-04-2004, 12:38
dbrook,

Thanks yes I have put it back on this morning, but when I logged on it had gone again after I had put it back last night?

Maybe its just to be used for your names or villa web address?

Julie R

Angua
02-04-2004, 12:48
Hi Julie.

There was a post by Blott quite a while ago reminding us all of the forum etiquette and asking us to minimise our profile signatures. I think it's to free up space on the server and possibly make it easier to monitor advertising. I also think that there's software on here these days to remove "rogue" signatures to save them checking every one so that may be what is happening to yours each time.

The forum likes us to just have our names in the signature, unless of course you are a Villa Owner advertising on OV, FV or OVH when you can add your Villa listing too.

I too used to have quotes in my signature initially but wasn't aware of the limitations so removed mine. I'm not sure but I may even be breaching the rules with my "Kind Regards" so that may go soon.

I'll try and find the link for you.

Angua
02-04-2004, 12:51
Here's the link for you....

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7899&SearchTerms=signatures

chrisj
02-04-2004, 13:46
Could it be cos John is a veggie :D:D:D:D:D

Angua
02-04-2004, 14:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrisj
Could it be cos John is a veggie :D:D:D:D:D
[/quote]

LOL :D Hadn't thought of that one!

I'm sure there's a law against Omnivore descriminiation! Well, I keep telling my vegan Dad that anyway!! [:o)]

chrisj
02-04-2004, 14:28
:D:D:D:D:D:D

02-04-2004, 16:10
I don't eat beef either just the chicken!

Thanks for the link sarah, I read it through and if John or Roger want it removed then fair enough - it's only a bit of fun.

Julie R

Angua
02-04-2004, 16:23
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Julie R
I don't eat beef either just the chicken!

Thanks for the link sarah, I read it through and if John or Roger want it removed then fair enough - it's only a bit of fun.

Julie R
[/quote]

It's a shame, I know, there's been some really funny ones but I don't think that either John or Roger are being killjoys or they'd have removed all the joke threads.;) Your airline thread is v.v.funny.

Given the amount of members the forum has now, I guess they need the room on their server!!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
02-04-2004, 16:46
We do not allow the signatures like this because whilst this one is innocent enough, others will see it and say to us "I see other users with a tagline, why can't I have one...and then this leads to subtle advertising creeping in etc etc".

02-04-2004, 17:40
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
It wasn't me that removed it - I personally liked it and had no problem with it. The only thing is others will see it and say to us "I see other users with a tagline, why can't I have one...and then this leads to subtle advertising creeping in etc etc".

[/quote]

Thats fine John I understand, I will remove it.

BooHoo!! LOL!!

04-04-2004, 02:53
OK Im being a real little girlie now...but I have noticed a couple of other longish taglines still???

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
04-04-2004, 02:55
If you could pm the usernames to me I will take care of them Julie [msnwink]

OK Im being a real little girlie now...but I have noticed a couple of other longish taglines still???
[/quote]

04-04-2004, 03:04
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk

[/quote]
[/quote]

No John I can't do that - its not the way I operate - I was just throwing my toys out of my pram!!

Just had a couple a people ask where had the chicken or beef gone that's all!

[:I][:I][:I][:I]

04-04-2004, 03:05
P.S Thanks anyway though!

Ray&Sarah
04-04-2004, 03:11
Ooh John that sounds painful!:D

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
04-04-2004, 03:15
No problem - we are working on it anyway and "adjusting" profiles as and when we find them.

[/quote]
[/quote]

No John I can't do that - its not the way I operate - I was just throwing my toys out of my pram!!

Just had a couple a people ask where had the chicken or beef gone that's all!

[:I][:I][:I][:I]
[/quote]

Lakul
04-04-2004, 05:05
Just shows how awake I am:)I added a signature and I've just realised it's gone too. I must pay more attention:D

04-04-2004, 13:08
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Lakul
Just shows how awake I am:)I added a signature and I've just realised it's gone too. I must pay more attention:D
[/quote]

I know you don't notice at first!!