PDA

View Full Version : Dishwashers

chrizzy100
02-04-2004, 07:45
I just thought I'd say to people not to use Electrasol with the powerball in dishwashers.....its taken all the colour out my pans in just a few washes......and scatched my plates up really bad..........:(

florida4sun
02-04-2004, 08:10
Strange we whva ebeen using the for while without probs. Do you have probles with sand in the water at all?

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
I just thought I'd say to people not to use Electrasol with the powerball in dishwashers.....its taken all the colour out my pans in just a few washes......and scatched my plates up really bad..........:(
[/quote]

chrizzy100
02-04-2004, 09:10
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by florida4sun
Strange we whva ebeen using the for while without probs. Do you have probles with sand in the water at all?

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
[/quote]
[/quote]

Our water is tested a few times a day because its a underground town well..its like spring water....Its the first time I've used the powerball one.......and my plates and pans are a mess..........I've e-mailed them incase its a bad batch .....but I thought I'd warn others in case a renter had trouble and thought they'd done something to the washer....

Ray&Sarah
02-04-2004, 22:18
On the subject of dishwashers, does anyone else have a problem with the stains in their coffee/tea mugs. We found that the dishwasher just didn't remove the stains from inside the mugs when we were there last year. So we were concerned that future guests would get them out of the cupboard and get the impression they were dirty and give the wrong impression of the villa over all. Just a small thing but its the small things that make all the difference.[msnsmile]

chrizzy100
03-04-2004, 01:19
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by hayter
On the subject of dishwashers, does anyone else have a problem with the stains in their coffee/tea mugs. We found that the dishwasher just didn't remove the stains from inside the mugs when we were there last year. So we were concerned that future guests would get them out of the cupboard and get the impression they were dirty and give the wrong impression of the villa over all. Just a small thing but its the small things that make all the difference.[msnsmile]
[/quote]

We still bleach our mugs......the tea and coffee never seems to come out all that well in a dishwasher......

Ray&Sarah
03-04-2004, 03:44
We never have a problem here in the UK, our mugs come out of the dishwasher spotless (99% of the time). We were wondering if its because of the water temperature. We have noticed that the washing machine doesn't get anywhere near as hot as here. We have done a boil wash over there and you can still put your hand in the water even then, wouldn't like to try it here. We thought it ight be something to do with the top-loader as ours here is a front loading machine.[msnsmile2]

chrizzy100
03-04-2004, 04:09
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by hayter
We never have a problem here in the UK, our mugs come out of the dishwasher spotless (99% of the time). We were wondering if its because of the water temperature. We have noticed that the washing machine doesn't get anywhere near as hot as here. We have done a boil wash over there and you can still put your hand in the water even then, wouldn't like to try it here. We thought it ight be something to do with the top-loader as ours here is a front loading machine.[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

I found down at the Villa for the fist time in ages my clothes washing smelled clean and fresh......I can never smell the washing powder when I wash at home......and I never get that outside fresh smell if I dry clothes out on the line in the USA.......:(:(

andreah
03-04-2004, 15:04
We noticed that the tea and coffee stains were not removed in the US but are always in the UK. Is is just the dishwash tablets, powder or gel things? Can anybody recommend some that do a good job.

Andrea

Ruth
03-04-2004, 15:55
You will probably find that the thermostat on the water heater is set much lower than any in the UK. We were advised that this is to prevent anyone scalding themselves but it does stop the dishwasher working properly. We always find ours does not dry the dishes very well:(

Ray&Sarah
03-04-2004, 23:23
No problem with the drying side Ruth, it just bakes the stains in.[8D]

kaysvacationvilla
04-04-2004, 00:54
We can set out dishwasher at home to heat the water if necassary to bring it up to the proper temp.

Ray&Sarah
04-04-2004, 01:48
Don't think we can do that with the one in the villa.:)

adh619
22-05-2004, 19:31
is'nt it something to do with low salt if the stuff comes out dirty ?

T

ianandsue
22-05-2004, 21:39
I always take some of those baby bottle sterilizing tablets over to give the mugs and cups a good clean. Pop one in each item with boiling water, leave for a few hours - they come up a treat!

janny
22-05-2004, 23:06
It may be something to do with the type of crockery you have as well .The unbreakable stuff corning ? is hard to shift any tea or coffee stains from.

blott
23-05-2004, 01:02
I've never noticed any stains at all in our cups or mugs but we bring dishwasher stuff over from the UK... What on earth are you lot putting in your cups? :D

jad
23-05-2004, 18:02
We have the same problem up here in NY state. When we moved over we bought a brand new (not bottom of range) dishwasher and so often it just does not get things clean like our UK one did.
I don't know what it is, weedy water pressure? weedy electriciyt voltage or weedy dishwasher stuff (I've tried all sorts of brands) No offence meant to Americans here as I LOVE living here.

Think I may bring some UK dishwasher stuff over next time I visit UK though - anything is worth a try

Jackie

chris c
23-05-2004, 22:42
Good tip about the sterilising tablets. I'll put that on my list of things to take out on my next visit.

Ray&Sarah
24-05-2004, 00:33
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
I've never noticed any stains at all in our cups or mugs but we bring dishwasher stuff over from the UK... What on earth are you lot putting in your cups? :D
[/quote]

Just tea and coffee, honest Blott. We will have to take some tablets from here in the UK to use and see if that cures it.

DaveL
24-05-2004, 16:28
Neat bleach swirled around cleans it every time. I have found that as china gets older the dishwashers tend to take some of the surface glaze off. This in turn then lets them stain more.

Are you finding the stains more on older cups?

Regards Dave