PDA

View Full Version : Electric Kettle

lookout
01-04-2004, 13:46
Hi,
Is there a good place to buy an electric kettle like we have here in the UK? (We're taking a teapot with us:)).

fiona
01-04-2004, 15:07
We bought ours in Target. make sure you buy an automatic one as not all US guests will be familiar with them, and they could boil dry. Mind you someone did that to mine on the electric cooker so I had ruined kettle plus white gunk all over the cooker:(. My first step on next visit was to buy an automatic electric one - about $25 from the super target on OBT.

lookout
01-04-2004, 15:43
Thanks Fiona - I'll try there for an automatic one.

chrizzy100
01-04-2004, 20:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lookout
Hi,
Is there a good place to buy an electric kettle like we have here in the UK? (We're taking a teapot with us:)).
[/quote]

You can now buy a nice stainless steel one in Walmart for around $25...before that you would have paid an arm and a leg for one......I looked for ages before finding one in Linens and Things 3 years ago.....

Ray&Sarah
01-04-2004, 20:50
We bought one at Walmarts, just like Chrizzy says, a nice stainless steel one that we hold about 5 mugs worth of water.

esprit
01-04-2004, 20:51
You can never credit what guests do. I have heard the electric kettle on the cooker rings thing before, but the best one is the guests in one of my homes who threw charcoal into a gas BBQ and set light to it!!!. I dont know what they thought the gas bottle was for or it was empty and they were too mean to replace. It didnt do the BBQ much good at all.

chrizzy100
01-04-2004, 21:01
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by hayter
We bought one at Walmarts, just like Chrizzy says, a nice stainless steel one that we hold about 5 mugs worth of water.
[/quote]

I was so pleased to see the Walmart one......the cookshops sell them for $170....so we just had a water boiler for ages.....and they're no good......

chrizzy100
01-04-2004, 21:04
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by esprit
You can never credit what guests do. I have heard the electric kettle on the cooker rings thing before, but the best one is the guests in one of my homes who threw charcoal into a gas BBQ and set light to it!!!. I dont know what they thought the gas bottle was for or it was empty and they were too mean to replace. It didnt do the BBQ much good at all.
[/quote]

My mum burnt my stove top within five mins of the fitter fitting it.....I thought my hubby would kick her out into the street.....heheheheheh.....lucky they give you cleaner with the cooker to clean the glass.......never have a glass top for renting....its a nightmare to clean....and if guests use the wrong cleaner the top looks bad really quick.......