PDA

View Full Version : how do i get a picture for my profile

davebrighton
31-03-2004, 16:53
Hi guys
Sorry for the ignorance but how do i get a picture on my profile or avatar or what ever it is

Angua
31-03-2004, 17:00
Morning (just)

Use the search facility to search for the word "Avatar". There's been several threads on the subject, some even with links to the websites that hold the best pictures.

The search facility is at the top of this page, first line "Home, Inbox, Profile.... etc", the penultimate link.

Have fun!

davebrighton
31-03-2004, 17:16
how do I install it

blott
31-03-2004, 17:24
Try here for some help http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7517

ujpest doza
31-03-2004, 17:25
You put the complete URL for the picture you want into the avator box in your profile.

It has to be a picture that is still on a website and there are restrictions on the size, number of kbs and number of pixels.

Angua
31-03-2004, 17:36
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by davebrighton
how do I install it
[/quote]

"Now, there's the rub!"

Obviously, you have to put a web address for the image under the Avatar option in your Profile but you've probably noticed from the previous Avatar threads that you have to either...

1. link directly to the website that you get the image from (if it will allow it)... or 2. put the image on your own website and link to that... or 3. Ask John (floridadreamvilla.co.uk) REALLY nicely to see if he'll put the image on the Forum Server for you.
Carry on reading the threads. A bind I know, but it will help you decide which option is the best for you and help you find some great images.

It can be quite frustrating until you learn how to do all this forum stuff, but it's all good fun in the end. If you find my thread about Avatars from last year, you'll realise I was driven quite mad by it all - not that it was a long trip!!

brizzle
01-04-2004, 01:07
You could always make your own (animated or static) avatar.

Get a picture you like, resize it using a photo editor package to 96 x 96 pixels then, as pointed out, get it somewhere where you can link to it. This can be your own webspace or even upload an image using this forum.

Brizzle

davebrighton
01-04-2004, 15:56
Thanks guys
Here is the pic if anybody can put it up for me it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Dave

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/davebrighton/200441105548_3284.gif

andreah
01-04-2004, 17:04
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by davebrighton
Hi guys
Sorry for the ignorance but how do i get a picture on my profile or avatar or what ever it is
[/quote]

Thank you I have been wondering how to do this for weeks but have been too embarrased to ask!

Andrea

blott
01-04-2004, 17:23
OK, I've done it for you...

caroline
01-04-2004, 18:04
Well done Blottie!

Dave, you really should have asked before you used my photo[msnwink]