PDA

View Full Version : Furniture

prettymoon
30-03-2004, 14:02
I will be leaving for Florida in 2 weeks and need to get some cheap or 2nd hand furniture till mine arrives does anyone have any suggestions where to get some I will be in the Orlando area
any help would be appreciated.[:X]

blott
30-03-2004, 17:42
You'll find thrift, Red Cross and pawn shops dotted around - there's a thrift shop on OBT as well as several pawn shops. Depends of course what they've got in on the day but you could chat up the staff and ask them to let you know if what you're looking for comes in.

scamhammer
30-03-2004, 17:59
The thrift stores around Kissimmee are not as good value as many would expect. Buyers might save a bit and sometimes find a really good bargain but much of the furniture is very tatty. It is also not clear in many cases which good causes benefit from the activities of these shops.

Pawn shops seem to be even worse value. For example, very tatty video recorders seem to go for the same price as new ones in Walmart. Pawn shops also seem to have a strange atmosphere as they have special rules and procedures to prevent them from being used by villains to get rid of stolen goods.

It seems to be quite hard to get discounts on furniture from other shops. Few suppliers seem to want to move too much from the standard price list. Furniture "warehouses" seem to come and go. They can offer savings, but be careful about putting down deposits. Some have been known to disappear with these.

Scotborder
30-03-2004, 18:39
Hi prettymoon,

Maybe there are villa owners in your area currently upgrading their furniture. You can only ask.

blott
30-03-2004, 19:16
That's a good idea Scotborder! Why not put a list of exactly what items you're looking for in the Items Wanted section?

chrizzy100
30-03-2004, 21:09
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by prettymoon
I will be leaving for Florida in 2 weeks and need to get some cheap or 2nd hand furniture till mine arrives does anyone have any suggestions where to get some I will be in the Orlando area
any help would be appreciated.[:X]
[/quote]

This is when MFI would come in handy..hehehehehe

prettymoon
30-03-2004, 21:27
Thanks for that I will try around some places looks like ill have to wait till i get there.

chrizzy100
31-03-2004, 02:40
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by prettymoon
Thanks for that I will try around some places looks like ill have to wait till i get there.
[/quote]

Talking about buying things....has anyone got a plasma TV from Gateway yet......and if so is it good........