PDA

View Full Version : Disney prices up by 5 per cent

scamhammer
28-03-2004, 15:48
Disney have increased their prices by about five per cent following similar moves by their competitors. At the same time, due to the weak dollar, passes bought in the UK seem to be available from several sources for 15 to 20 per cent off previous prices.

The Disney pass for residents is still available for anyone who can show that they pay utility bills for local homes. This scheme gives entry for four days for about half price.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
28-03-2004, 17:31
How can that be - US prices go up and UK go down - it does not make sense - unless they are re-selling a stock of older tickets from the UK sources. I'm curious?

scamhammer
28-03-2004, 18:31
Like with airline tickets, I expect. They are priced in dollars and are currently cheaper in Europe because of the cheap dollar. No doubt they will be rebalancing shortly, but if blocks of tickets have been sold a few months ago European wholesalers will currently have scope for discounts.

chrisj
28-03-2004, 19:26
So if the Dollar regians its normal rate are they to reduce their prices ??? Bet not

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
28-03-2004, 19:28
I think you are right there Chris .... our own Disney tickets are just about to go up about $10 per ticket...I'll be spending some time tomorrow comparing the new prices with other vendors.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrisj
So if the Dollar regians its normal rate are they to reduce their prices ??? Bet not
[/quote]

chrisj
28-03-2004, 19:30
Better order our tickets off you now then :)

Nostromo
29-03-2004, 01:00
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
How can that be - US prices go up and UK go down - it does not make sense - unless they are re-selling a stock of older tickets from the UK sources. I'm curious?
[/quote]

Theoretically, it is possible. If the Disney prices go up in the USA by 5% at the same time as the Dollar falls by 10% in relation to the GBP, an unsuspecting UK customer may think that he/she has got a good deal since the £ prices may well be less than what they were last week. But whether this can happen in real life is another matter. Someone in your position will be better informed of that.

chrisj
29-03-2004, 01:34
Sorry call me cynical, but this is Disney playing Bar Humbug cos the £1 is worth a lot
more, They are a business after all and in my cyncial view as I said earlier when the
Dollar returns to the norm, they wont put their prices down, so guess this means they
win win win. Cos if/when the Dollar returns then the ticket price would have made a
HUGE jump, at the moment that is being hiden by the weak Dollar Strong pound

All in the name of Disney Magic, or in cynical words Disney Profit .

Sorry if that upsets some people, but these are my views.

steph_goodrum
29-03-2004, 01:54
"All in the name of Disney Magic, or in cynical words Disney Profit "

Chris shouldn't that read Eisner profit?

chrisj
29-03-2004, 01:56
Steph

Yep you hit the nail right on the head so to speak :)

scamhammer
02-04-2004, 15:35
Disney has apparently said that the price rises are to pay for new attractions. Maybe they are planning an extra dwarf -- "Greedy".

(Courtesy of Jay Leno)

chrisj
02-04-2004, 15:57
:D:D:D