PDA

View Full Version : A real thrill ride for free

scamhammer
27-03-2004, 16:03
If you want a real thrill ride without needing to get into an expensive theme park just get hold of a bike and venture out.

The best rides at present can be had along the US 192 east of Disney. The road is being widened but is very narrow at present to enable construction. No provision has been made during the works for either cyclists or pedestrians.

It is really thrilling to have 60 foot trucks storming up behind you going at 60 miles an hour.

There is a certain irony here. The state claims that the road is beign widened partly to improve facilities for pedestrians and cyclists. Unfortunately, the plans show that pedestrian crossing along this stretch will be at least two miles apart.

(It was very impressive yesterday seeing a couple in electric wheelchairs crossing the busy road and barriered road works to catch a bus. They must be brave enough to be fighter pilots.)

Pikey1999
27-03-2004, 16:43
The U.S. being non-cyclist or pedestrian friendly, no!
That would make them vehicle user friendly.[msnwink]

chrisj
27-03-2004, 17:17
When are the roadworks due to be finished ???

blott
27-03-2004, 18:31
Here you go Chris http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8443 As far as I can see, most of the roadworks appear to be scheduled for completion around the first week of April.

george
27-03-2004, 23:44
They wont be finished for years. They are doing from the Big Bamboo down to mile 15. They are putting in major sewage pipes and the you would expect them to upgrade paths etc. I saw the types of mile marker in their secure area. This is where I saw mile marker 15.