PDA

View Full Version : Free ice cold (body) drinks

NickClark
26-03-2004, 15:29
Surprised that no one has mentioned this one before, forgive me if Ive missed it. Heading from spaceship earth towards world showcase there is what I think is called 'ice station'. You walk through a freezing cold passage way where there is real snow blowing at you, watch out for snow balls being thrown by the kids. Brings you into a shop where you can sample soft drinks from arround the world. As many as you can drink for free. Great at night time as it is not busy.[msnwink]

chrisj
26-03-2004, 15:58
Sounds good must keep an eye out for that this July [8D]

mikewj
26-03-2004, 16:50
I seem to remember that one of the drinks left that just been sick taste in my mouth [xx(][xx(]

Unfortunately, I cant remember which flavour or from which country, so I'll no doubt get it again in June.

Ana
26-03-2004, 17:11
I'm going to keep a lookout for this. It sounds great.

mikewj
26-03-2004, 19:47
You can't miss it, it looks like a large glacier and is (or was) sponsored by Coca Cola, so keep an eye out for the Coke bottles and signs.

chrizzy100
26-03-2004, 20:31
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mikewj
I seem to remember that one of the drinks left that just been sick taste in my mouth [xx(][xx(]

Unfortunately, I cant remember which flavour or from which country, so I'll no doubt get it again in June.
[/quote]

A few of the drinks make you feel ill.......but one is very nice.....but I can't remember what country it was from.....

Its a nice walk in the cold in the very hot weather.....

NickClark
26-03-2004, 21:22
I can recomend the ginger ale and also the melon. I think the nasty one is from iceland. All are worth a try though. It is sponsered by Coca Cola they have some great Coke merchandise in there.

Fozzie
26-03-2004, 21:23
These drinks, sound similar to the sweets from Harry Potter !:D - probably a good job you cant remember the names.!

Herbie
01-04-2004, 03:55
You'll find it next to the Fountain View cafe, which strangely enough is behind the fountain. Incidentally the cafe does great pastries and cakes.

Herbie

chrizzy100
01-04-2004, 04:16
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by NickClark
I can recomend the ginger ale and also the melon. I think the nasty one is from iceland. All are worth a try though. It is sponsered by Coca Cola they have some great Coke merchandise in there.
[/quote]

The Melon is great....my daughter thought the nasty one was from Italy......

firsttimer
19-04-2004, 17:54
Thanks sooo much for this thread. I reme,bered part of it, but thought I was looking for an igloo. Anyway, when I saw the iceberg I knew that was it.
Loved the lychee one, watermelon and (surprisingly) the vegetable one. Did not like the aperatif one, but I suppose it had a sort of tonic water/ bitterlemon taste.

janny
19-04-2004, 18:09
the worse one is Beverly from Italy don't touch it with a barge pole -you have been warned!!

athurstance
19-04-2004, 18:47
I agree with that - the Italian one is very bitter. I like the melon one and the kids like the German one. I always like the walk through the snowing area - great to cool off on a hot day.

chrizzy100
19-04-2004, 19:23
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by athurstance
I agree with that - the Italian one is very bitter. I like the melon one and the kids like the German one. I always like the walk through the snowing area - great to cool off on a hot day.

[/quote]

We use it to get used to seeing snow and feeling cold again before flying home.......[}:)]

amy
24-04-2004, 00:45
Why is it each year you visit, you know that 'beverley' is the worst tasting drink ever made but you still have another sample..............supose it was like when you where children putting your tongue on the old square 9 volt batteries, who know it was bad but still did it,............it must be Disney bringing the kid out of us all again. [xx(]

CarolAnn
05-09-2004, 12:58
It is certainly great for a cool down moment:)But the actual drinks[xx(]:([xx(]

flyrr100
17-01-2005, 15:50
Jack (3) calls it 'Uncle Tom's Funny Pop Place!' The frozen guy in the entrance looks like his Uncle Tom and the pop all tastes funny! It's one of his favorite 'must visit' places at Epcot.

poohbear
17-01-2005, 16:40
[xx(][xx(][msnscared][msnsad][msncry]

flyrr100
12-07-2005, 04:55
It's been closed for a month or so. Anyone know what's happening? Are Coke rebuilding or is it closing down?

janny
14-08-2005, 02:31
they are revamping it and making more of it apparently it will have cm's where it didn't before.

Newhomebuyer
21-11-2005, 17:30
I have brought this back to the top because The Cool station reopened this week. The ice dome area has apparently gone but the facility to sample the ice cold drinks is still there. Not a lot different than before just new flooring and a brightening up.

ShirleyCottam
29-11-2005, 19:22
Oh I am so pleased about that, when we last went in july I was sad to see it all closed up, (as we had to go in every time we passed on previous visits)....just when I was looking forward to the cooling temps.

I was hoping it hadnt gone for good

lynny
06-08-2006, 17:13
Well this seems a very um pleasant place to visit [msntongue] I think I'll be very cautious tasting the drinks though..Ill just watch the children [msnwink] haha.