PDA

View Full Version : Orange Tree and the US27 roadworks

Nostromo
26-03-2004, 11:52
I have heard that there is some work going on on the US27 where it meets Interstate-4 and that traffic there is chaotic. I know that this sector is a few miles south of the US27/US192 junction, but I am concerned that the backup traffic might affect us in the Orange Tree villas. We will be there for 3 weeks from 22nd April and will we be all right to take the usual route west?

Angua
26-03-2004, 12:31
Morning, Nostromo.:)

There [u]is</u> a lot of road work going on at the I4 junction of the US27 and having stayed at Ridgewood Lakes recently, we travelled to and from that junction at least once a day.

However, we were only held up once on the way home one evening and that was because the Police had to stop the traffic for some special piece of construction. Even that didn't take long to get through, so I wouldn't worry about it at all.

I would say be careful when using businesses around that junction as their access roads have been dug up and there are some pretty large potholes. We even saw one sporty model grounded while trying to get to the SevenEleven.

Fozzie
26-03-2004, 13:45
Hi,

The junction at I4 / US27 is being improved (in the longer term it will become a 3 lane highway), and the I4 is currently down to 2 lanes in each direction between below J55 (US27) and upto 64, the traffic is fairly slow particularly at peak times, but shouldnt delay you more than 10 minutes in getting to the 192 (I found that with a bit of forward thinking you could come off at the Disney junction (where the traffic was just beginning to slow) and then pickup the slip road West onto the 192 to avoid the I4 'rush'.

Nostromo
26-03-2004, 14:47
OK, thanks both of you. [msnsmile]

caseyd
26-03-2004, 16:52
I am heading to Greater Groves next Saturday, and knew nothing about this. Thanks for the heads up. I hope it is not too much of a pain. I was hoping to get away from the traffic I have here (outside of D.C.), which is on the whole much worse than Orlando.

Angua
26-03-2004, 18:12
http://www.i4polk.com/content/

I found this link before we flew out in an attempt to avoid M25-like scenarios. It gives you up-to-date info on construction and even has webcams to see the current state of traffic, in the Polk County section of the I4 anyway. To be honest, even when the I4 was heavy, it still kept moving and although the side roads are much quieter, we still used the I4 most of the time.

Let's face it, NOTHING is as bad as the M25!!![msnsmile2]

caseyd
10-04-2004, 15:40
Nostromo: I have been in Greater Groves down the road from orange tree all this week and have seen no road construction at 27 and 192. No traffic at all in that area. LOVE it out here in Greater Groves. Very quiet, lots of landscaping btwn pools and houses (much unlike many other communities we drove through) and killer sunset views since developments on 27 are so far west. Love the lack of congestion out here. I think your 3 wks will be perfect!

Nostromo
10-04-2004, 19:42
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caseyd
Nostromo: I have been in Greater Groves down the road from orange tree all this week and have seen no road construction at 27 and 192. No traffic at all in that area. LOVE it out here in Greater Groves. Very quiet, lots of landscaping btwn pools and houses (much unlike many other communities we drove through) and killer sunset views since developments on 27 are so far west. Love the lack of congestion out here. I think your 3 wks will be perfect!
[/quote]

Thank you, Caseyd. This is a perfect holiday wish. :):):):)