PDA

View Full Version : 3D shows - too scary......

millie
25-03-2004, 16:58
for a 3 year old??????

Anyone have any experinec with this. Philarmagic sounds fine but I am wary about the Muppets, Bugs life and honey I shrunk the audience.

Are the effcts too intense?

Ruth
25-03-2004, 17:02
Actually sometimes the 3 year olds find these easier to cope with than children a little older especially if they sit on your lap or with their legs up on the chair;)

bellaepovera
25-03-2004, 17:43
The muppets one is soo cute and not scarey at all!! Will bring in much laughter. The Honey I shrunk the aud. one could be a bit but at the end also very cute....

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
25-03-2004, 17:56
Our children are still a bit frightened by the Bugs Life one at AK. They also were a bit wary of the Shrunk Kids one at Epcot but have always loved the Muppets at MGM and love the Philharmagic one at MK. I'd see how they get on with them as every child is different although when we saw Bugs Life last week a lot of parents had to take crying youngsters out of the theater as the show is quite intense.

kaysvacationvilla
25-03-2004, 18:25
My youngest was 3 when we took her to see Bug's Life at AK. She screamed and cried and we had to leave. She would not go on anything or do anything after that. We avoided it when we went to AK when she was 5. She rememberd being scared!

When we go this April she will be 7 and I wonder if she will want to go on it or still remember.

It can be very traumatic for someone that age.

Kay

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
25-03-2004, 19:08
Isaac (now 5) *thinks* he likes Bugs Life now but a year ago was terrified of it. I'm surprised Disney do not put a note against the show warning people as it does affect a lot of youngsters.

Nigel W
25-03-2004, 19:42
Is T3 still showing as a 3d at universal because when we went to Universal a few years ago grown women were scared.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
25-03-2004, 20:22
Yes it is - we saw it last week [msnsmile2]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridavillas2go
Is T3 still showing as a 3d at universal because when we went to Universal a few years ago grown women were scared.
[/quote]

Nigel W
25-03-2004, 21:42
Still as good?

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
25-03-2004, 22:08
Yep - fantastic - we were right at the front and the silver monster thingy looked like he was touching the top of my neighbours head. Also just love that double cheesy pre-show [msnsmile]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridavillas2go
Still as good?
[/quote]

Nigel W
25-03-2004, 22:10
[quote][i] Also just love that double cheesy pre-show [msnsmile]

The parks dont do it any other way!

millie
25-03-2004, 23:52
Thanks - muppets and philarmagic it is then. May avoid the other two - don't want to frighten her.

Thanks
:)

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
26-03-2004, 00:14
They should love both those shows Millie - especially the Philharmagic which is just fabulous - saw it again last week and it was every bit as good as the first time we saw it. It does get very busy so my advice would be to get a Fastpass for it rather than stand in a huge line (queue).

Ray&Sarah
26-03-2004, 01:29
We took our son to see "Honey I shrank the audience" when he was 4, on the way in the only warning was that it was loud and you could get wet. He was terrified and although we tried to persuade him that if he closed his eyes it would be okay, he was so convinced it was real that he wouldn't. A few days later we went to "The Muppets in 3-D" and he started to cry as soon as he saw the 3-D glasses, so we had to leave. He is 12 now and still refuses to go into a 3-D show of any kind, so I guess the whole experience has stayed with him. We felt that Disney should have warned parents that some young children might find the show distressing.[msnscared]

ctgirlscout
26-03-2004, 02:39
My youngest was 7 when we first went to Disney. She was frightened by "Honey I Shrunk the Kids", and wouldn't even try "A Bug's Life". She became very leary of any ride after that--we even had trouble getting her to go on "A Small World" later in the week.

esprit
26-03-2004, 05:58
My mother in law was scared by Honey. Not giving anything away but it features some creatures that some people have phobias about and she does.....

Lesley S
26-03-2004, 12:37
Our 6 year old loves Bugs life and has done for a couple of years, this year she was able to feel some of the effects they do.

Ana
26-03-2004, 15:59
I thought Bugs Life was scarier than T3! Both we're great though.

ctgirlscout
26-03-2004, 16:46
I think it really depends on the child. My youngest daughter is a VERY sensitive child--the kind of child that if you look at her cross-eyed, she can break down in tears! She has always startled very easily, even as a newborn. Honestly don't know how she has survived in our family of 6! Anyway, my point is, every child is different, and although the shows are great, if you think your child will be at all sensitive to this kind of stuff, it is best to stear clear until they are older.