PDA

View Full Version : Child Car Seats from Alamo

ujpest doza
24-03-2004, 21:26
We are travelling with a 13 month old baby in May and i am a little concerned about some of the comments on here regarding child car seats.

OUr own car seat took me about an hour to fit properly and i do not particularly want to take my own, although my sister has mentioned that she took her own because Dollar once gave her an old and dirty seat.

An e-mail to Alamo regarding fitting says that they won't fit the seat and that it is my responsibility.

My car seat is prebooked and paid for in an Alamo Gold package as part of a Thomas Cook fly drive.

Surely a company that uses new cars and operates in a country where litigation for literally anything is the norm, won't provide me with an old and unsafe seat??

Please can someone put my mind at rest as i don't want to take a car seat with me as we will already have suitcases and a stroller.

24-03-2004, 21:32
I don't think it would be unsafe but they are a bit grotty and I have always used my own.

You could buy a cheap one out there thats easy to fit - Walmart and Toys r Us have cheap car seats - just use the Alamo one for the first day?

I bought a booster type with a seat back and cup holder 4 years ago from Walmart and its still going strong.

Julie R

blott
24-03-2004, 22:51
All car rental companies make you fit the car seat anyway, whether it's yours or theirs. Even if it's included in your package price, I would have thought it would have been worthwhile taking your own and then you can make sure you don't have a grotty or old one? There's no guarantee that the car rental seats haven't been in a previous crash and become unsafe to use.

24-03-2004, 23:27
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ujpest doza
We are travelling with a 13 month old baby in May and i am a little concerned about some of the comments on here regarding child car seats.

OUr own car seat took me about an hour to fit properly and i do not particularly want to take my own, although my sister has mentioned that she took her own because Dollar once gave her an old and dirty seat.

An e-mail to Alamo regarding fitting says that they won't fit the seat and that it is my responsibility.

My car seat is prebooked and paid for in an Alamo Gold package as part of a Thomas Cook fly drive.

Surely a company that uses new cars and operates in a country where litigation for literally anything is the norm, won't provide me with an old and unsafe seat??

Please can someone put my mind at rest as i don't want to take a car seat with me as we will already have suitcases and a stroller.

[/quote]

Don't worry about travelling with suitcases and a buggy - I normally travel with 5 children, 2 car seats and a buggy and at least 4 suitcases!!!

Oh and 1 husband!!

Julie R