PDA

View Full Version : Can i get around without a car in orlando ?

poochie
24-03-2004, 17:53
Hello all my question is since i plan to move to orlando florida, will getting around be a hassle, as i do not have car. Are the buses like the ones in NY? Also does anyone know if the buses stop at 6 pm this i have heard from a friend. many thanks in advance for your wisdom[msnwink]

blott
24-03-2004, 18:13
The local buses seem to be mostly http://www.golynx.com and seem only to go to major areas so you need to choose where you live carefully if you're dependant on public transport.

You'll find schedules and routes on that link and no, they don't all appear to stop running at 6 pm.

esprit
24-03-2004, 18:56
Very difficult on just public transport in Orlando. You could probably manage if you worked in Central Orlando and lived in the very near vicinity. Or they run from Orlando to Disney and back if you want to work at Disney. But no not like New York at all. If you look at the Lynx routes and then at a map, you will see how limited it is.

poochie
26-03-2004, 02:30
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"></span id="Comic Sans MS"><span style="color:purple"></span id="purple">[8D] thank you both for your reply i will check out the sites that were given god bless poochie....

scamhammer
26-03-2004, 13:21
Orlando has a much better bus service than people think. It has an extensive network, is reliable and very cheap -- $36 a month for the whole network.

Osceola County only pays $4 million into the pot, so services there are not so good and do not run much in evening. However, there are plans for improvements.

Polk County seems to have no buses.

You do need time to get round on Lynx. A 20 minute journey by car can take 90 on the bus.