PDA

View Full Version : Cross Stitching

mikewj
24-03-2004, 14:38
I love cross stitching and have been looking for some good Floridian cross stitch shops over the last few years.

I've dragged Mike around Joanns Fabrics on 192 several times, but their stitching section has been gradually shrinking and is hardly worth the effort anymore.

Last time we were in Orlando, I found a good cross stitch shop in the Osceola Mall on 192, but judging by the lack of any other shops in the mall, it may well have closed down.

Do you know of any other shops around Orlando/Kissimmee ?

Sue

porky
24-03-2004, 15:34
Sue,

I have lots of cross stitch pictures in my villa that I have done - just finished another last night - only 4 more to do.:)I always buy my fabric and thread from Walmart. At 27 cents a go it's a darn sight cheaper than the 60 pence they charge in the shop up the road from me.

Jacqui

DaveL
24-03-2004, 17:58
The shop in the Osceola Mall moved to a small strip mall about 500 yards back up 192 in the direction of Disney. Her husband also moved his model shop next door so there fairly easy to spot.

Regards Dave

wilfy
25-03-2004, 01:15
There is also a small selection in a craft shop up the top of international drive, on the junction of kirkman? I think it was called mike's ??? (big red singage). Sarah does a lot of cross-stitch and along with the shop on the 192 that's all we've found for kits.

Gillian-B
25-03-2004, 12:49
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wilfy
There is also a small selection in a craft shop up the top of international drive, on the junction of kirkman? I think it was called mike's ??? (big red singage). Sarah does a lot of cross-stitch and along with the shop on the 192 that's all we've found for kits.
[/quote]
This is an excellent craft shop and has lots of needlework kits and materials as well as lots of other crafts. As you go up International Drive towards Belz, it's in a small parade of shops on the left at the juntion that goes to Universal (I think it's Kirkman as well?).

DaveL
26-03-2004, 02:32
Youcan check it here :-

http://www.michaels.com/art/online/home

mikewj
26-03-2004, 14:33
Thanks for the info, I just cant wait to get dragged around...erm....I mean enjoy these shops with Sue [msncry][msncry][msncry]

Mike