PDA

View Full Version : area to live in

derek gibson
24-03-2004, 01:11
Hi can anyone tell us a good area around orlando to buy a house and bring up a family ,good neirbourhood etc,and not to expensive
many thanks Derek

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
24-03-2004, 01:29
Not quite related, but I assume you know how hard it is to get a VISA to live and work in the USA?

derek gibson
24-03-2004, 01:57
hi yes hopefully we are buying a business in davenport and getting the visa that way hopefully

Andy & Arlene
24-03-2004, 01:58
I've heard that the Dr Phillips area is really nice for permanent residents, with good schools as well.

Lyn
24-03-2004, 02:07
Is Dr. Philips not a bit expensive - I might be wrong but I always thought that was an expensive area.

Lyn

esprit
24-03-2004, 07:07
If you have kids you need to look at school zoning. I am presuming you would not want to live on a rental estate, not good with small kids.
Celebration is a really nice place to live, kids love it, great schools, not expensive by UK standrads if it is by Floridian; Hunters Creek, good area, good schools. Dr Phillips as suggested, good area, great school. New community called Baldwin Park up in Orlando. A lot of people really like Clermont, not the STR end but up in the Chain of Lakes area near the actual town. Going the other way down 27, Winter Haven - some very nice homes there. What sort of business are you buying in Davenport?

blott
24-03-2004, 16:47
This one Julie http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=9096

chrizzy100
24-03-2004, 18:08
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by esprit
If you have kids you need to look at school zoning. I am presuming you would not want to live on a rental estate, not good with small kids.
Celebration is a really nice place to live, kids love it, great schools, not expensive by UK standrads if it is by Floridian; Hunters Creek, good area, good schools. Dr Phillips as suggested, good area, great school. New community called Baldwin Park up in Orlando. A lot of people really like Clermont, not the STR end but up in the Chain of Lakes area near the actual town. Going the other way down 27, Winter Haven - some very nice homes there. What sort of business are you buying in Davenport?
[/quote]

I love where I have a home in Davenport....but would not school my kids there.......Julie do you know if they're building new schools in the area with so many new houses going up.....??

derek gibson
30-03-2004, 02:32
hi thanks for all your help, its been very helpfull

esprit
30-03-2004, 08:24
They should do, shouldnt they, Chrizzy. Mind you so much of the building is STR...

Florida Pete
06-05-2004, 11:54
I like Winter Park and College Park but they are a bit more expensive by Florida standards. I'm actually moving my family to Melbourne. It's relatively affordable, quiet, by the beach and not overly "touristy" yet close enough to the theme parks that we could still take the kids when we want. The schools are good there too.

Good Luck!
[msnwink]
Florida Pete

esprit
07-05-2004, 05:58
The houses on Edgewater in College Park are fabulous. Celebration style and Celebration prices too expecially the lakefront. I prefer it to Winter Park. There is a new development called la Bella Collina on Lake Apopka which is being much praised. Also Baldwin Park. Melbourne is good. It is away from the madness.

Seminole
11-05-2004, 02:01
If you're buying a business in Davenport, it would not be practical to live in downtown Orlando or Winter Park. The commute is simply too great. Even Dr. Phillips area would be a bit far. Celebration would be a good selection and a very nice community there as well.

esprit
11-05-2004, 05:20
Celebration is a brilliant place to live, Seminole and you are right convenient for everywhere. I really love it. And thanks for praising it as you really get fed up of the knockers and this Stepford Wives nonsense you get off people ( well I am anyway!)

chrizzy100
11-05-2004, 05:28
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by esprit
Celebration is a brilliant place to live, Seminole and you are right convenient for everywhere. I really love it. And thanks for praising it as you really get fed up of the knockers and this Stepford Wives nonsense you get off people ( well I am anyway!)
[/quote]

You should do what the ladies at our country club do.....everyone calls that area Stepford......so they have a Stepford Wives club......

The new films not going to help much.....
Anyway look on the bright side......my daughter says living on the Cape is like living in a rundown Celebrations......the same houses but in need of a lick of paint and new roads.......you don't have large pot holes.....and raccoons in your chimney...so you're leaps ahead of us.......hehehehehe