PDA

View Full Version : Coral Reef Restaurant advice

Nostromo
23-03-2004, 13:56
We want to book a place at the Coral Reef restaurant for our visit in May before it is too late to get a 'tank table'. The problem is, being in the 'Living Seas' pavilion, it comes too late in the day for lunch on a clockwise visit and too early other way around. I want to cut down unncecessary walking for our seniors at Epcot, which will be tiring as it is without adding the problem of cutting across fron the other side for lunch and back again. I was wondering, can we get a table for around 5:30pm, which is when I estimate we will finish the Living Seas pavilion itself? We can always have a light lunch earlier and be 'ready' for a nice, if a bit early, meal at the Coral Reef.

Carla
23-03-2004, 14:54
I love this restaurant. We always go in as soon as it opens at lunchtime (12pm) and have never been disappointed - always get a tank table. Just book a table at Guest services when you arrive in the morning. I'm not sure whether you can actually specify which table you get, which is why we are there when it opens.

I know that you've timed things for your visit, but if you are actually able to keep to those times it will be a miracle Nostromo, especially as you will have a number of people in your group. Living Seas and the Land are close together, so going back for lunch would only be a very short walk.

caroline
23-03-2004, 15:38
We too love this restaurant and also always go at 12 to ensure a tank side table, it is definitely worth it.

As an aside there is a similar restaurant at Seaworld, and in my opinion the food is even better there than at the Coral Reef:)

Nostromo
23-03-2004, 15:51
Yeah, we did consider the Sea World one, but isn't that more SHARK orientated than the smaller and more colourful fish at Living Seas? I've been to both before and remember liking one of them better than the other. I may be getting them mixed up, but I thought the SW one was not as colourful as the one in E-LS (please correct me if I am wrong); also, I think there was a diver in the latter feeding the fish or something.

caroline
23-03-2004, 15:56
I think they have sharks in both tanks - the Seaworld one hasn't been open too long, I think we went last Easter and it was fairly new then.

Nostromo
23-03-2004, 17:38
Also, The Sea World one closes at 7pm with the park, which restricts us to lunch. This is a bit unsuitable to everyone in my party cos we like to be as light on lunch as possible while themeparking and compensate with breakfast and evening meal. AS far as I know, the Coral Reef restaurant is open till 9pm even though the Living Seas pavilion closes earlier. This means that we can finish seeing Future World by 7pm and then go over to a (pre-booked) table in the restaurant.

Carla
23-03-2004, 17:42
Nostromo, when we go there for lunch we only order a Starter. Have never had a main course in the Living Seas. They don't mind this at all, so you can still have a light lunch if you wanted to.

Joolz
23-03-2004, 21:52
Ok so where exactly is this place? and whats sop fab about it??

dawsy
05-05-2007, 21:15
I am right in thinking you have to have park tickets for this restaurant, unlike chef mickey etc?

Thanks

floridageoff
05-05-2007, 21:38
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dawsy
I am right in thinking you have to have park tickets for this restaurant, unlike chef mickey etc?

Thanks
[/quote]Yes, you will need a park ticket for Epcot.

chris jones
06-05-2007, 12:59
This sounds great but can anyone tel me where this Plaice is coz we dont want to flounder around trying to find it. (Sorry Sunday morning humour)[:I][:I].

If anyone has a link to the menu that really would be great.

Many thanks

Chris

Steve and Dawn
06-05-2007, 15:46
Thank Cod for that! I thought I was the only one who didn't know where it was. Apparently Al Caprawn used to go there. [msntongue][msntongue]

floridageoff
06-05-2007, 20:39
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chris jones
This sounds great but can anyone tel me where this Plaice is coz we dont want to flounder around trying to find it. (Sorry Sunday morning humour)[:I][:I].

If anyone has a link to the menu that really would be great.

Many thanks

Chris
[/quote]It is in the Living Seas at Epcot. As you approach the new ride "The Seas with Nemo and Friends" take a right and the entrance to the Coral Reef restaurant is just around the corner.

millie
07-05-2007, 03:47
Chris
Have DM'd you the link to the menus for the Coral Reef!
L

mizzy
24-03-2008, 00:20
can i just ask for any up to date reviews on this restaurant, it's one we're considering this may

it looks like a haven from the sun and a good place to spend a hour and a bit out of the midday heat?

it also looks like a calming place to eat which would be great for my two [msnsmile]