PDA

View Full Version : Lazy River

carole7007
12-02-2002, 21:59
The kids love the lazy river in Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon.

It keeps them amused for hours, tipping each other over on the rubber rings.

Its nice just to lie back and sun myself while floating about.

Watch out for the caves though, the waters ice cold from above !!!

Carla
17-02-2002, 17:34
Make sure that you put lots of sun cream on your feet. I burnt both feet from one complete revolution of the Lazy River. It made walking over the next few days a miserable experience.

imported_n/a
11-09-2002, 20:59
You can get single or double inner tubes, you can also get tubes with bottoms in for younger children. When its busy it can be a little difficult to keep hold of the children so don't let a weak swimmer on one on their own.

You can get off whereever you want to at various different parts of the park - it's just actually getting the side and stopping is the difficulty!

esprit
11-09-2002, 21:08
I would reiterate what Margot said about sunburn. Because your butt is in the water, you feel relatively cool and forget that the exposed parts, face, arms, chest as well as your feet are out in the sun. This is really relaxing and people sometimes stay on for a long while completely forgetting about the exposure. Do it early or late and avoid the midday period and slap on the factor 15 ( waterproof variety)

Julie Carty

imported_n/a
11-09-2002, 21:43
Agree about staying on for ages - lost Mom (who can't swim) for an hour! she'd been going around and around having a nice relaxing time on her own - I was frantic but she found it hysterical.

Nigel Edwards
28-12-2002, 16:57
which lazy rivers best the one at wet n wild or the at disney parks[?][?][?].