PDA

View Full Version : Quick Rundown On Fishing in Florida

florida4sun
15-06-2002, 19:49
The fishing here is just fantastic. Drop a hook in a puddle and you will catch something.
A good quality setup can be bought for just $20-$50 from Walmart. Most subdivisions have lakes. Bread will catch lots of fish but you will be bothered by smaller ones. Live worms will catch larger fish. Spinning is also good too.
For Big Bass go out to one the larger lakes. Kissimmee lake front is great because its nice for all the family. I have caught a 7lb bass from the shore.
Celebration is also very good but you do get bothered by smaller fish.
You will need a license. These avialable from Walmart too.

Martin

chris
16-10-2002, 17:43
Where is the best bit of Kissimmee lake to go to?
Is it possible to hire equipment anywhere?

Chris

orlandobabe
20-10-2002, 01:41
We did the airboat ride at Boggy Creek with our fisherman son and he absolutly loved it there.

He didn't fish as we were just too busy that day-it was his sister's wedding the next day- but it is a magic place-so peaceful, calm and hot!

We noticed that you could fish there-but I didn't take much notice of permits and things.

You can also rent a cabin there and live like Huckleberry Finn for a day or two. They look quite dilapadated from the outside-but hubby peered through the window and thought they looked quite comfortable. I think you might have to forego the air con though.

There's a nice restaurant there that serves massive portions of decent food quite reasonably -and apologies in advance John-but yes I'm afraid we did try the alligator-and it was lovely!

It's the East Lake (Toho) Fish Camp.

Airboat rides are $20 for half an hour and there's a reduction with coupons or triple A.

We find it by going along the 417 and coming off at the Boggy Creek junction and following the air boat ride signs!

Will definately do that again and might try our hand at fishing too!