edmond
19-03-2004, 16:27
Hi
im new to this forum, due to go to orlando
at the end of April
flying into Sanford,
i have one question about buying Gas
i understand buying gas from the rental compay is expensive,
were is the nearest place to fill up after leaving the Airport?

blott
19-03-2004, 16:45
I think you'll find that all rental cars already come with a full tank. Depending on the rental arrangements you've made, you either pay for the full tank when you pick up the car or have to agree to return the tank full or empty at the end of the rental.

If you're charged for a full tank when you collect the car, then make sure that you return it full and go back to the rental desk and ask for a refund of what you paid when you collected the car. As when you pick up the car if you can do this.

hej23
19-03-2004, 17:04
Hi Edmond
If when you leave Sanford, and if your heading for the I4 there are a lot of filling stations on the way. If you go down the "Toll" road which I think is called the Bee Line there are not meany filling stations[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

caseyd
19-03-2004, 18:15
I have found that it is almost always cheaper to fill the tank up on the way back to the airport to drop off the car, rather than taking the option from the rental company to return it at whatever level it happens to be at and pay them whatever fee they want to refill it. The difference is not a great now that gas prcies are rising in the U.S., but it is still a better deal money-wise to fillit up myself.

Does anyone know what gas prices are right now in Orlando? I am going in two wks and will consider a larger car if prices are not as high there as they are now where I live close to D.C.

edmond
19-03-2004, 18:29
from the looks of it ill be driving down the 417

george
20-03-2004, 01:42
Don't buy from the rental company. Just fill up on returning the rental car. Overall it will save you about $10/20. That is not the extra cost of the initial gas, when you buy from the rental agency they say return it empty. Would you risk running empty when rushing to get your flight home?

george
20-03-2004, 01:43
Last week gas was about $1.75 - $1.78 a US gal.

edmond
20-03-2004, 04:30
but does anyone know the nearest gas station to the airport

blott
20-03-2004, 04:53
You can fill the tank up to 10 miles away from the airport and it still shows full when you return it.

You don't need a gas station after you arrive at the airport as the car will already have a full tank when you collect it.

bond
11-04-2004, 15:55
If you return your car to Dollar less than full without prior arrangement. You will be charged $5 a gallon. Unbelievable but true. I fill up 20+ miles from the airport and it still looks full when I get there.

steph_goodrum
11-04-2004, 16:45
"If you return your car to Dollar less than full without prior arrangement. You will be charged $5 a gallon. Unbelievable but true. I fill up 20+ miles from the airport and it still looks full when I get there"

If you pay for the fully inclusive option you pick the car up with a full tank of fuel and return it empty, so you dont have to claim a refund on the tankful you put in.
Otherwise if you pay for a tank of fuel and then return it full , the rental company will then get the money for that tank of fuel from the next rentor, when they haven't paid for it.

andy1
11-04-2004, 19:08
Hi,I have been to Florida several times and I have had several differing arrangements regarding fuel.Either full tank on arrival and return full,or full tank charged $58 return empty, bearing in mind when I refilled it came to $28.If full no ned to worry about gas .When returning to Sanford we go to the Seminole shopping centre fill up nearby and head off to airport following road signs takes about 25 mins. Good luck

Ray&Sarah
12-04-2004, 02:23
Hi Edmond, and welcome to the forum. If you use the 417 there are no filling stations on route, you will need to exit and rejoin. But as the others have said as long as you fill up prior to returning the vehicle at a gas station within 20 miles the gauge will still show full. Don't have the rental company fill it as they are expensive.

chrisj
12-04-2004, 02:28
We have always gone for the Full tank on arrival and returned with whatever is left in it, Just
easier on the last day not to have to think about topping it up