PDA

View Full Version : Emerald Island

mandyc
19-03-2004, 17:04
we are due to rent a villa with travel city to Emerald Island in May, I would like to know if anyone has stayed hear, what they thought any good supermarkets/restuarants nearby and also we are due to travel down from sandford airport, can anyone offer any good directions!!!:)

steph_goodrum
19-03-2004, 17:15
Hi Mandy
We've never stayed at Emerald Island so Im afraid I can't help you there but Travel City should be able to give you all the info you need on the area and airport directions etc.

Claire M
19-03-2004, 19:07
Hi Mandy

My parents own a house on Emerald Island. It has a Tiki Bar, communal pool, internet access, kids play area, volleyball etc. The community is gated so there is a security guard who lets you in and out. Nearby on the 192 you have all the restaurants you could ask for. There is a Publix supermarket about 5 mins drive away on the 192 and also a little shopping area with The Market Place (expensive), Dairy Queen (fantastic Ice Cream) Walgreens drug store and a few restaurants, it take minutes to get to these in the car.

From Sanford Airport,
Go south on the 417 toll road
You will need change for tolls.
On the 417 keep straight on. Do not leave until you reach exit 2, which is 'Celebration Ave 192'
Through the toll, pay 25 cents (unmanned so make sure you have a quarter)

Get into far right hand lane, which is for '192 East/West'
Onto Celebration Ave, take middle lane for '192' then move to left lane
Take '192 West' at lights. You will see Shoney's Restaurant in front of you.
Keep following the signs for '192 West'

You will see marker posts every mile on the side of the road. After marker 5 turn left at the lights onto Formosa Gardens Blvd.
A sign for Splendid China will be in the middle of this road.
Go straight on until you reach a 4 way stop sign, turn right and follow the road until you come to the Emerald Island entrance.

Any other questions please ask!

Claire

mandyc
19-03-2004, 20:50
:)Thanks for your help Claire, Emerald Island sounds great, can't wait for our holiday to start in May, good directions also.
Many thanks :)

Angua
20-03-2004, 16:35
Hi all:D

We have friends who are holidaying through Travel City in July and are staying in a 6 bedroom villa on Emerald Island also. At present, our friends have had no information on where they are staying so we videoed the community for them during our vacation just recently.

We wondered if anyone knew whether all the Villas used by Travel City are behind the "manned" gatehouse as we noticed that there was another community on the Emerald Island road behind automatic gates. It was on the left, just before the main gatehouse and dolphin fountains. That particular community seemed to mostly comprise of Town Houses and I wondered if it was solely residental.

Any info, gratefully received.

Kind regards
Sarah.

Claire M
20-03-2004, 16:49
Hi Sarah

The houses before the main security entrance are all town homes, I believe that some people do live here but it is mainly STR. All villas are through the main security gates.

Claire

mandyc
20-03-2004, 17:43
Sarah,

We have the same problem in that TCD will not release any info on the villa we are having, they sent us through details of townhouses even though we have requested a 4 bed luxury villa with pool. When we queried this they advised that all there villas are luxury and that we would not be allocated the address until arrival, so I hope it all works out ok, although I am a little worried....

20-03-2004, 18:02
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mandyc
Sarah,

We have the same problem in that TCD will not release any info on the villa we are having, they sent us through details of townhouses even though we have requested a 4 bed luxury villa with pool. When we queried this they advised that all there villas are luxury and that we would not be allocated the address until arrival, so I hope it all works out ok, although I am a little worried....
[/quote]

Persoanlly I think its aways better to book flights and villa separately. You can then see exactly what villa you are getting and build up a relationship with the owners. Its a much more personal service and one I would highly recommend!

I sure your villa will be fine but I have to admit you are braver than I am!

Julie R

Claire M
20-03-2004, 18:14
Mandy

The only downside to a town home on Emerald Island is that they have a communal pool. Have you requested a private pool, if so you should be in a villa.

Claire

mandyc
20-03-2004, 22:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Claire M
Mandy

The only downside to a town home on Emerald Island is that they have a communal pool. Have you requested a private pool, if so you should be in a villa.

Claire
[/quote]

Yes, we have requested a villa with private pool so hopefully it won't be a townhouse

Claire M
20-03-2004, 22:33
Mandy

It'll be fine[msnsmile].

Claire

mandyc
20-03-2004, 22:40
Claire

Hope so, I'll let you know on my return.

Mandy
[msneek]

Claire M
20-03-2004, 22:42
Mandy

When are you going?

Claire

mandyc
20-03-2004, 22:49
Claire,

due to fly out on 15th May

Mandy

Claire M
20-03-2004, 23:04
Mandy

We wont be there yet, we are going on the 17th June. Have a good time and let me know how you get on when you get back.

Claire

mandyc
20-03-2004, 23:11
Claire,

Have a great holiday also. Where are you staying

Mandy

Claire M
20-03-2004, 23:18
Mandy

My parents own a 5 bed 3 bath villa on Emerald Island, so we will be staying there[msnsmile2]. Actually they will be there when you are. They arrive on the 6th May. They closed on the house January 2003, so this will be my 3rd visit to Emerald Island. We had previously rented a home on Emerald Island and found it had everything that we (they) needed, so they decided to buy.

Claire

mandyc
21-03-2004, 01:10
Hi Claire,

Do your parents ever rent this villa out, may be interested next year.

Mandy

Claire M
21-03-2004, 01:20
Hi Mandy

Sorry, but I dont think that I am allowed to advertise their villa on this website. Forum rules I think.

Can someone let me know please[msnsmile].

Claire

blott
21-03-2004, 03:16
Not unless you're an advertiser on one of the OV.com websites, sorry. If you are an advertiser, you can link to your OV.com advert page only. See http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/rules.asp for more info.

neilandkay
21-03-2004, 04:09
MandyC

You can always put a request through one or all of the sites linked to this forum for a future trip. There are several owners on there who own on Emerald Island. At least that way you know what you are getting before you arrive.

Regards

--Kay

mandyc
21-03-2004, 14:46
Thanks for your advice Kay, I will keep that in mind.:)

Angua
26-03-2004, 18:25
Does anyone happen to have a comprehensive map of the Emerald Island resort that they could PM me? I'm looking for something with the development road names on. Pretty please, with a cherry on top!!

blott
26-03-2004, 18:55
It's possible that such a thing doesn't exist Sarah as it takes about 4 - 5 years as a minimum for new communities to appear on online maps and even longer to appear on printed ones.

neilandkay
26-03-2004, 20:50
Even the PSH Emerald Island community map doesn't have the road names on it. (Unless they have updated it recently.

Mapquest shows some of the new road names, but not all (infact not the majority). It doesn't show our road - La Isla.

--Kay

Angua
26-03-2004, 21:36
I know the feeling, my whole road isn't shown online and it's been built six years!!

I just wondered if the Community as a whole provided a map, from the clubhouse or something. Okay, to try a a different tack, can anyone let me have a name of a main road please so that I can do a search please? I know it's near Formosa Gardens Boulevard but I've tried that and I'm getting nada.... zip.... zero..... zilch! I'm not having a good day.[msncry]

walmsley_family
26-03-2004, 22:11
Hi

THe road from Foprmosa Boulevard is

FUNIE STEAD ROAD

WE have asked if there is a map but were told all they had was the model thing in the clubhouse...we are on Emerald Island Boulevard

Angua
26-03-2004, 22:16
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by walmsley_family
Hi

THe road from Foprmosa Boulevard is

FUNIE STEAD ROAD

WE have asked if there is a map but were told all they had was the model thing in the clubhouse...we are on Emerald Island Boulevard

[/quote]

Thank you kindly. Feel a bit like Dorothy looking for the Emerald City. "....if I only had a brain"[msnwink]

Angua
26-03-2004, 22:23
A-ha, "by George I think she's got it!!"

[website link edited]

NeilandKay, it shows La Isla too!

Sorry it's such a long link. Seems to have scuppered the page somewhat.

Angua
26-03-2004, 22:49
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Sarah Seaman
A-ha, "by George I think she's got it!!"

[website link edited]

NeilandKay, it shows La Isla too!

Sorry it's such a long link. Seems to have scuppered the page somewhat.
[/quote]

ooops, sorry all![:I] There were some advertising links on there that I hadn't even noticed. If you want the link, just PM me. It has Secret Key Cove, Oasis Key Cove, La Isla Drive and Isla Vista Court from Phase IV (I believe)

scamhammer
27-03-2004, 16:53
The communal pool at the original Emerald Isle townhouses (inside the security gate) is too small for the number of homes that use it. If this is a problem, renters should definitely insist on not being put in one of these.

Angua
28-03-2004, 15:58
Next question! Does anyone know what the model names are for six bedroom villas on this development. Is it just the Magna Bay model?

Also, how many construction companies are involved on the development please? I know about PrkSqHms but wondered if there were other builders involved.

Thanks muchly

Claire M
28-03-2004, 16:18
Hi Sarah

I am sure that it is only Park Square Homes involved. I also believe that the Magna Bay is the only 6 bedroom built, unless the 5 beds are turned into a 6. (ie family room into 6th bedroom).

Claire

walmsley_family
28-03-2004, 18:25
Hello Sarah,

They are now only constructing the following home models: -

Grand Lagoon - 4 Bedroom
Cape San Blas - 4 Bedroom
St Vincent Sound - 4 Bedroom - which can be 5 Bedroom (with options)
Magna Bay - 6 Bedroom - which can be a 7 Bedroom (with options)

They did construct more 6 bedroom models in the harbour bay collection in phase 2 and 3 but have decided not to construct these anymore and are concentrating on the above ones for the next and final release phase 5...due next month or two...

Hope this helps for info I knew this from my discussions with Carolyn at Emerald Island, when we close in January

Mark[msncool]

walmsley_family
28-03-2004, 18:34
With regard to construction companies, Park Square Homes are the developers and they hire foreman to watch over the construction and progress of the homes, they also pick up the pieces at the end, so is well worth to get the name of your foreman to fix any faults at the end...

Most of the building work, is contracted out to specific companies to deal with AC, Pool, Doors, etc...

For instance in our construction: -

Del-Air, supply, install and warranty the Air Conditioning
All Seasons Pools, supply, install and warranty the Pool and Spa
Florida Electrical, or electric work
Gardening Contractors
Painting Contractors
Cleaning Contractors

The list goes on, we were watching the finishing touches put to a home opposite ours in January and the ammount of work and park square people / companies that visited amazed us, but everthing seemed to go to plan...

I suppose it was half and half...

Hope this helps...
Any more questions, just ask...

mandyc
28-03-2004, 18:48
Are all the homes in Emerald Island behind the security gates, I am led to believe that we are staying in a security gated area. Also with all the talks of construction, is there alot of this going on..
:(
Mandy

huckleberry house
28-03-2004, 19:33
Mandy

They build in areas or phases so your villa may be nowhere near the current building work.The best thing to do is contact the owner of the home you are renting and ask them what impact there may be,they should be up to date with the goings on and be able to help you.

Lesley

Ruth
28-03-2004, 22:01
Lesley, I think this is Mandy's problem. She rented through Travel City Direct not through a private owner so she is allocated a villa on arrival:(

Bob Heath
09-04-2004, 02:54
Hi Sarah

I am sure that it is only Park Square Homes involved. I also believe that the Magna Bay is the only 6 bedroom built, unless the 5 beds are turned into a 6. (ie family room into 6th bedroom).

Claire

I have a Grand Harbour and the last time I looked it had 6 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms it is the largest model PSH built there living area 3500 sq ft.
The 7 beds (ones with turrets)are they Palm Harbours? have 3000 sq ft.
The Charlotte Harbour are single storey jobs not sure of the bedroom layout of these as there are only a few of this model on site.

dino
12-04-2004, 16:39
has anyone any update on the enterance of emerald islands, is it still a dirt track or situation has changed a bit.

dino

walmsley_family
13-04-2004, 02:52
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dino
has anyone any update on the enterance of emerald islands, is it still a dirt track or situation has changed a bit.

dino
[/quote]

Hi Dino, Replying to you on this forum now...

One of our guests who left last week said the new road way entrance from funie steed has now been completed so the entrance is now a about 50 metres further down funie steed... it goes in directly and meets up with the first bridge. bypassing the construction offices.

Take a look at your sales agreement it mentions it in that...it has been done now...

Tarmacced as well, I do not know about funie steed though.

Bye for Now

Angua
13-04-2004, 14:01
Morning all!

Funie Steed Road is left at the crossroads just after Splendid China? If so, then it is tarmacced. There was quite a bit of roadwork being carried out on that road around the entrance to Emerald Island but that was back in early March. The road from Funie Steed to the gatehouse of the resort "Emerald Island Boulevard?" is very smart and looked finished apart from some landscaping. A very impressive introduction to the resort!

As a side bar, I would not recommend using the road (Sand Hill? Sand something anyway) which is straight-on at the crossroads. We were hunting for Emerald Island and meandered up there by mistake. It's name is very apt and it would be good for a bit of rally cross if you've hired a 4x4. Not such a good idea, if you're in a Lincoln;)!!

walmsley_family
13-04-2004, 18:29
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Sarah Seaman
Morning all!

Funie Steed Road is left at the crossroads just after Splendid China? If so, then it is tarmacced. There was quite a bit of roadwork being carried out on that road around the entrance to Emerald Island but that was back in early March. The road from Funie Steed to the gatehouse of the resort "Emerald Island Boulevard?" is very smart and looked finished apart from some landscaping. A very impressive introduction to the resort!

As a side bar, I would not recommend using the road (Sand Hill? Sand something anyway) which is straight-on at the crossroads. We were hunting for Emerald Island and meandered up there by mistake. It's name is very apt and it would be good for a bit of rally cross if you've hired a 4x4. Not such a good idea, if you're in a Lincoln;)!!
[/quote]

Yeah funie steed is left at those crossroads..

I like your line about the lincoln..., i thought the axle would leave the car when we went on it..., we kept hitting the roof, we then decided to change it to a chysler pacifica as we needed more space to purchase stuff for our villa.

Bazamor
17-04-2004, 02:58
Just got back from Emerald Island to day. The road to the town homes entrance is now closed, you go past it 200yards and do a sharp left onto the new access road into Emerald which is still being laid. i cant understand why they close one before the other is complete.For those of you on Sunrise Key Drive the whole street apart from 6 houses at the Fiesta Key end is a building site with ALL homes under various stages of construction. They are grading on Fiesta Key and also behind homes on SunriseKey, sand everywhere.Anyone need anything answered just ask. Baz

mandyc
17-04-2004, 03:08
Is there quite alot of construction going on at Emerald Island, I'm getting a little concerned it is getting to sound like a building site:(:(

Bazamor
17-04-2004, 14:46
Depends where you are staying. Fiesta Key & Lido Key and bottom endof Sunrise Key are work in Progress , eveywhere else is ok.

mandyc
17-04-2004, 15:51
Thats the problem, because we booked with Travel City, we do not know where the villa is until
arrival. Silly move I now think:(

mandyc
17-04-2004, 16:01
Sounds good, I think thats the way I will book in future...

Hriaz
17-05-2004, 00:18
Hello All

My name is Riaz, & we have just brought/ closed on a 6 bedroom villa at Emerald Island. I have recently returned from Emerald Isle & stayed in one of the town houses. The resort is looking absoulately fab

We are really very new to this game & am somewhat nervous about hoe to manage & let our villa. Any type of help will be more tham apperciated.

Riaz/Zam

janet0605
18-05-2004, 23:32
We booked a villa with private pool with TCD in 2001. when we arrived (quite late in the afternoon) we were given a villa with a communal pool. I had to produce doco. to show I had paid for a private pool. We stayed in the villa without pool the first night, and only after quite a long conversation the following day, were we moved to a villa with pool. We were moved onto the Lindfields and really enjoyed our stay there.

pigletsplace2003
19-05-2004, 03:05
We nearly brought on Emerald Island , it is very very nice even though the dolphins at the front are a bit naff :D

mprince
19-05-2004, 12:07
I have sent a direct mail with a consideration for a management company

Bazamor
20-06-2004, 14:35
"We nearly brought on Emerald Island , it is very very nice even though the dolphins at the front are a bit naff "

Jealousy isnt flattering you know.:D
Apparently there are a few things "going on" at Emerald Island at the moment.The Tiki bar has closed apparently. Were any of you EI Homeowners consulted?For more info see the Emerald Island Home owners Forum. Interesting!!

ianandsue
21-06-2004, 01:34
Bazamor, what is the address for the forum? We had the info some time ago but unfortunately did not save when our pc crashed. Am intrigued to hear about the Tikki Bar and have heard nothing from the association!
Ian and Sue

Bazamor
20-07-2004, 16:18
Prices are rocketing on the resort probably because of the now infamous lottery waiting list.A Magna Bay resale is listed on the MLS for ....$550,00.Now listed as new on the PSH site at $389,00 for the next phase.Whats the betting on the next release being over$400,000?I am over on Thursday 22nd July so if anyone needs anything checking out let me know.